Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C-2454 Errroe on bizhub c6500

after I cleaned the machine got an error 2454 code, (I took, belt out, all drums, developers, coronas) I found few post about that error message, that it could be sensor, board or developer motor. How can I diagnose what has failed?

Thanks John

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

first at all, check, if the connector to the black developing unit is correctly set
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    checked that, I tried to power the machine with the unplugged connector, I got another error

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ok, to isolate the error, you can interchange the dev unit per example bk against magenta (dont forget to tape the toner supply holes) and see, if the error persist.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

maybe you should try to swap the coronas, i have encountered that problem also...the cause is faulty charging corona of black.... or maybe it is under-toned or over-toned in the black developing unit

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did you change the developer mix, drum or charger? Did you use a vacuum to clean the dev station? May be the sensor
    took a static hit? Did you clean Potential sensor in the drum bay with a vacuum?
    Was the copy quality ok when you started? If the black areas felt grainy, I would suspect that there is not
    enough toner in the dev station.

DR

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    just interchange the dev unit, error 2453, is that means the sensor is done on th e developer unit? I tried to change coronas, that didn't help. I didn't use vacuum when I cleaned it, just paper towes, it wasn't that bad, but prefer when it's cleane. The quality was good before that, it's just not a very busy season for me so trying to keap everything perectly running

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you swapped the dev station with another unit like the magenta and the code comes up the same
    only points to the magenta, then yes I would say the sensor is bad.
    Before you change the sensor you might try running "L" detect for the black. Put it back in the
    black bay and remove any tape. If it gets through "L" detect, run the auto gamma and check
    the quality.

Good Luck

DR

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    If you swapped the dev station with another unit like the magenta and the code comes up the same
    only points to the magenta, then yes I would say the sensor is bad.
    Before you change the sensor you might try running "L" detect for the black. Put it back in the
    black bay and remove any tape. If it gets through "L" detect, run the auto gamma and check
    the quality.

Good Luck

DR
    Thanks for your help, I just not sure how to do "L" detect, and what it does