Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    schrodingers cat

Konica 7033 - no image

Konica 7033 - it scans and then the engine seems to run as usual, but instead of the correct image, it lays down a random-looking layer of about 10% toner. By the looks of the image, I'd guess that the scanned image is not being burned into the eletrostatic drum and the image is a result of whatever static is on the drum instead.

We have tried resetting the machine, with no change in the results.

I'm not a copier technician (my background is in computers and printing presses). If anyone has seen this problem before, I'd love to know what you think, and how expensive a repair might be -- I'm about ready to pitch this machine for something cheaper to own anyway.

Thank you.

Technician
    Konica 7033 - no image

I have seen a bad front door switch cause this. It's a weak spot on this model.

KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar
    its starving for toner. check the toner motor on the toner hopper-make sure it turns when running auto add toner. i seen this happen several times and its easy to troubleshoot.

two screws removes the cover. the toner motor is the one closest to you when hopper is swung fully to you right. its on the bottom end.

those motors burn out on the inside. if it doesn't feed toner to the dev unit, copies will be light.
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

It is the front door interlock. You can take it apart and clean it with an erase.

all that front door switch is going to do is turn the fuser off or on. nothing to do with light or dark copies.

if so.

please explain. been working on 7033's for 5 years and never had a front door switch cause any issues.
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    all that front door switch is going to do is turn the fuser off or on. nothing to do with light or dark copies.

if so.

please explain. been working on 7033's for 5 years and never had a front door switch cause any issues.

You must be lucky or better than the rest of us, I guess!!!!

Technician
    Konica 7033 - no image

Door switch

MS1 (front door interlock) relays 24v to HV1(charge), HV2(T&S) M10 (toner motor), PRDB, M4 (drum motor), M1, and M3 (developer drive motor).

I've replaced or cleaned dozens for copy quality issues and other problems. It might not solve schrodingers cat's problem, but it's the first thing I would check.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar
    I agree I just replaced the switch on friday for a faint image, they tend to cause tons of problems on these machines, have replaced or cleaned at least a dozen over the years, good luck Its also the same interlock as the minolta Di250/350 if you have a parts machine laying around

Senior Tech 250+ Posts dogsbody's Avatar
    It didn't take me long to learn that Fiery's don't like dodgy door switches either.
    The force will be with you always.

that is strange. i have never replaced a door switch on any of my 7033/7040/7045's for any reason. i have replaced many op panel lower covers because the plactic breaks where the switch is attached.
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital