I'm having trouble with e-mailing a scanned document directly from this copier. From the copiers panel I choose to send scanned document to e-mail. The e-mail addresses are correct and all cables are OK. It's connected to a router and all the clients are able to print via network. When trying to send scanned document to an e-mail recipient I get the error code "communication error".
This problem occured a few days ago but this function has been working for years. The troubleshooting section in the manuel doesn't tell me anything and the webpage doesn't give me any answers...
I'm trying to reset the copier both from the panel and from the web-interface, but off course, I doesn't have the operator code... The panel requires an 8 digit code (the default was changed before I started working there) and the 4 digit code to do any changes from the web interface has also been changed as well. If I have to reset the whole copier and set it up from "scratch", is there a way to reset it in another way?

Thanks in advance.