Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

bizhub 350 error code c2557

I have a copier with this error code,first I changed the developer and run f8 function.C2557 is displayed in the display.What can I do to solve this problem?.People says that I must change drum whit developer at the same time. maybe the toner sensor is bad.How an I check it? When I change the atdc value the problem continues.thanks.

Technician
    Whenever I encounter this error code. Changing the ATDC Sensor Gain to 170 always fixes it. You should find it in service mode under tech rep choice>printer>atdc gain

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Enter here in this forum C2557 in the search box and you will find many threads about this issue.

Hans

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    It may be too late. The drum and developer should be changed together. If you put a drum in and run F-8 and it still codes, you may have to change the developer again.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician

Re: bizhub 350 error code c2557

Quote Originally Posted by javier4065 View Post
    I have a copier with this error code,first I changed the developer and run f8 function.C2557 is displayed in the display.What can I do to solve this problem?.People says that I must change drum whit developer at the same time. maybe the toner sensor is bad.How an I check it? When I change the atdc value the problem continues.thanks.
    maybe you try this

konica minolta bizbub 200 c2557 code

h
    ope it will help with the new developer.

Technician

F8 after the show this problem and you need to adjust the ATDC to 185 or 180
    I'm sure

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abbas saeed View Post
    F8 after the show this problem and you need to adjust the ATDC to 185 or 180
    I'm sure
    IF altering ATDC manually at all (which cannot generally be advised), it should be around 160-165.

Hans

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    IF altering ATDC manually at all (which cannot generally be advised), it should be around 160-165.

Hans
    standard atdc is around that. adjusting it (increasing the atdc) will help when c2557 occurs. but if the c2557 occurs while changing the new developer, i suggest to manually add toner in the developer unit or press the auto supply toner in the menu. been doing that for several years. never face c2557 anymore while changing the new developer. it is because the atdc sensor in the developer unit will detect toner in developer. since you already install a new developer powder, the machine cant detect toner in that. the best practice i usually did is add toner to the new developer and mix it up.

if someone increase the atdc, what exactly happens actually? will it shorten the life of the developer?

Humble_me84

try to reset the counter first and performed F8. it will work..

goto service mode>counter>special parts counter>press developer>press "C" for clear.