Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Bizhub touch screens dropping fast

I never had a KM touch screen go bad and now 3 have dropped in 2 weeks on me and 1 on the service manager. They are on back-order from KM. Anybody else having this issue.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    It seams to be a common issue latly I have gone through 5 so far this year it dosen't matter if the customer touches the panel or presses it. HDD's on the large production machines are also starting to go.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I never had a KM touch screen go bad and now 3 have dropped in 2 weeks on me and 1 on the service manager. They are on back-order from KM. Anybody else having this issue.
    I got a C203 that the whole control panel doesn't work. Weird thing, you can turn it on and hold down the utility button and it will goto the trouble reset screen (can't touch trouble reset though), but fire it up and hit the utility button and it does nothing.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

I dont think they are sealed very well. So when it gets a lil humid out they crap out! Just replaced one last week
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Had 2 go out in 1 day! C250 models are FOC replacements. What model do you have?

C250/C352 panels seem to have the highest failure for me...
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Just replaced a c253 one today

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    Had 2 go out in 1 day! C250 models are FOC replacements. What model do you have?

Do you have that FOC part number?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Theres all sorts of bulletins on this but heres the readers digest version fo ya!

The vendor who made the panels used the wrong epoxy so after time the epoxy swells normally due to heat and humidity and no longer makes contact therefore doesnt work...... If your a KM dealer they will replace them for free I got 10 or so freebee's from NEC and then they cut me off (bastards) so we buy them now. Pretty much every C250,252,300,351,352,450 that we service has had the panel shit the bed as Tampa has a tendency to get hot and quite humid. I can get these actually have some in stock but there not cheap let me know if you need one in a hurry and cant wait for the slugs at KM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Bizhub touch screens dropping fast

Does anyone have a touchscreen for a bizhub 1050? I reheated mine for the second time and it is working again. It won't last long. HELP

Later Pudgi300