Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ivanlawrence

Angry Konica Minolta C450 Forward TX error??

We have tried EVERYTHING! I have four KMC450s all of which act as scanners... all but one! It is quite annoying, we have set up all the machines the same (same settings). Please let me know if anyone knows what I can try next.

The KM in question is the only one with problems, it will allow some user accounts to scan and others are denied (Login error, or Forward TX error) Do I need to set up the LDAP settings? We are all on one domain. I have tried the admin username and password replacing the troubled user's creds. and it would work, switch back to the user's creds. and it will brake again. We are scanning to a network share and the user DOES have full rights to that share space...

PLEASE HELP!

Do all the units have the same level of firmware?

ivanlawrence
    Quote Originally Posted by bgbas View Post
    Do all the units have the same level of firmware?
    Yes they are all on the same version of firmware, not sure what version that is but it was done by the Konica Minolta tech.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanlawrence View Post
    We have tried EVERYTHING! I have four KMC450s all of which act as scanners... all but one! It is quite annoying, we have set up all the machines the same (same settings). Please let me know if anyone knows what I can try next.

The KM in question is the only one with problems, it will allow some user accounts to scan and others are denied (Login error, or Forward TX error) Do I need to set up the LDAP settings? We are all on one domain. I have tried the admin username and password replacing the troubled user's creds. and it would work, switch back to the user's creds. and it will brake again. We are scanning to a network share and the user DOES have full rights to that share space...

PLEASE HELP!

Mabe try Initalizing tha machine and starting again from scratch maybe its not the fact you have missed something but something is on that is stopping it working.

Copierdave
    Since you mentioned LDAP, I assume that you are on a domain with active directory. Weather you have LDAP on the machine or not should make no difference.
    Are you scanning to a share on the domain server or to a share on another PC on the network?
    A quirk that I have seen on a bizhub 500 (although B&W, simular Emperon controller when it comes to scanning) was that if I used the PC'c host name (vs- IP Address) I had to Captilize all of the letters in the PC's name even though they were not actually capitalized on the PC. Strange but true! I don't understand why, but it worked.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts dogsbody's Avatar
    Assuming you are using SMB scanning, our local UNI has to use local administrator name and password, it did not matter what rights where given to the user.
    If it works using the admin credentials is there a reason they cannot be left in place?
    The force will be with you always.

Copierdave
    Just for clarification, am I assuming correctly that you are talking about SMB scanning as compared to Scan-to-email?
    Candidly, I would like to hear the solution of actually fixing the problem of getting the credentials of non-administrators to work. However, as a valid work around, like dogsbody recommended, you could use the Administrator credentials to scan and only give the Administrator and the end user full rights to the end user’s folder
    But back to getting the credentials of non-administrators to work; When you right click onto the folder that you have shared out and choose sharing, you might try assigning the user in the Security Tab (not just in the Sharing Tab) and give the user full control.

ivanlawrence
    Yes I am talking about SMB shares, not scan to email.

I have tried both scanning to a network share and to a PC all on different domains. I have had varying results but none of them really speak to a consistent solution. I have some success with the Local Admin Pass for some PCs then no success with others (yes checked the local admin pass). With the network share I have been able to use ONLY IP address and never hat name work, however, name resolution works fine for PCs and for some of the other BizHubs (I tried to go setting by setting to sync the two copiers without a difference).

Do I need to join it to the Active directory domain somehow?

I also tried "bouncing" the power but not yet a "rebuild" from scratch because there are a LOT of accounts to have to rebuild, is there a faster way of administrating the BizHub besides through the web GUI?
    The next step is to call in Konica Minolta service techs and make them do it... I just don't want to let the copier win!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts dogsbody's Avatar
    My first post didn't appear to have worked so apologies if this is number two.

You can backup all your accounts, addresses, and system settings from admin mode of the web page using import/export.
    Alternatively I use Pagescope Data Administrator which is basically a one stop shop for all settings, addresses etc, and you can backup data that way. If you can't find it on your loack KM site this link is for the Australian one, it is fairly big but worth it.

Konica Minolta Australia - Print Drivers
    The force will be with you always.

Copierdave
    I too would recomend Data Administrator. As I recall, when we used the import/export system admin backup though the web browser, Fax and Email address backed up but SMB addresses DID NOT. Kinda sucks because these are the most work to recreate.
    Data Admin is the way to go.