Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: how to reset electronic counter for Bizhub423/363/283/223 series

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Replacing the NVRAM would reset your counters, and if done for genuine troubleshooting reasons would be acceptable, as long as the customer was given that info...otherwise, why don't you post the name of your company and location you're at and we can ask your local govt if what you're doing is legal there. Emujo
    We are talking about cases where NVRAM must be exchanged because of a problem (C-dxx, i-Options, etc errors). I think no tech is happy if he has to exchange it (licence error and configuration).

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    how to reset electronic counter for Bizhub423/363/283/223 series

Thumbs down Re: how to reset electronic counter for Bizhub423/363/283/223 series

Quote Originally Posted by nazmi_exa View Post
    for some country..by reset meter counter is not an illegal job...so for me does't matter to share how to reset meter counter... by just sharing the info& trick is not illegal... but for certain place reset counter meter is assume illegal...so just share lol...its depend on us either to reset or not according to the situation and place.. sharing for caring..its is this forum objective..
    You should re-read the terms of service of this site. You will find that this kind of information is neither wanted or allowed to be posted here.

Agree with the above posts. Illegal and highly unethical especially coming from a tech , if you are one .

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    how to reset electronic counter for Bizhub423/363/283/223 series

I usually do it gently with a big iron mallet.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Jimthecopierwrench

I will digress from discussing the legalities of meter resetting. I have successfully reverse engineered every meter and consumable from the CF-1501 to present KMBS models (okay I lie: Never did a 420 or 8050). Although initially for my own amusement, sending a refurbished machine with zero meters is neither a crime nor dishonest. Our customers know that they are receiving a refurbished and reset machine and the meters exist for OUR billing - not akin to an automobile's odometer intended to show actual age and usage.

I take great pride in my machines, and have developed cleaning and refinishing techniques that make them look better than new - such as a light buff with a matte clear lacquer, refinishing worn anodized guide plates, etc. This is a matter of personal pride and workmanship, not dishonesty.

And even when people know they're getting something 6 years old - they LIKE that new feel to clear counters, no scratches and dings, etc. I just bought a 3 year old car and appreciated the detailing the day i drove it off the lot (My German Shep has since undone all of that mind you.)

That said, although historically I've kept my various methods close to chest - I'll reveal the little trick to doing this model line at present (I assume KMBS will soon release a reset file, but until then...)

If you've tried a "lift the battery" NV reset, you've undoubtedly come across the COLOUR isolation switches appearing that you cannot reset on the mono machines.

The solution believe it or not is to reset the NVRAM, then install it in an appropriate large frame colour machine (I use the C-652) - then use the C-652 recovery file.

Pop the NV back into the 223 and perform a factory setup and licence management repair.

As I write this it's been a few months since the last, so i can't recall one minor detail ... Er, something in vendor mode defaults funny. Don't recall what, but it'll be obvious in stop-0-9.

Good Luck.
    Jim.

Jim! The dutchforce came to us

Beware writing such things, this breaks terms of service - unfortunately :/

Your method is nice, but IMO neither the simplest nor the safest - there are better ways.

Jimthecopierwrench

Jim! The dutchforce came to us
    Heh-heh. Yep, needed a mistress.

Beware writing such things, this breaks terms of service
    Fair enough - when in Rome

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar

What sucks is i know there are horrible techs out there that would use that information for bad purposes. It is not always for illegal or bad reasons though..for instance a few weeks ago i was wishing the same thing. Whenever i work on an HP i switch out a formatter board(on older HP models) and plug the numbers back into the new board so the machine keeps an accurate reading. The other week when i worked on a KM machine i had a bad NVRAM but no way to put back the original info and for someone as anal as me..that is a horrible feeling. I understand sort of why secret..then again...sort of think it is a little too protected for those who wish to use it for the right reasons.

WillyB

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for sharing the info. I am currently supplying and services Konica Minolta machine here in Malaysia. To be able to reset the meter is great especially when it comes to billing purposes. I have never mislead my customers by telling them these machines are new as it is not right. I have always tried my best to refurbished the machine to make it look and feel like new as I always like to give the best to my customers and hope they would have a pleasant experience in using the machines though it is not new. I strongly believe we should reduce, reuse and recycle whenever it is possible.

The older Bizhub like Bizhub 350 is possible to reset the meter and I've done that. On the other hand, the newer models such as 423 or C452, tried changing the NVRAM but was unable to get rid the licensing error message.

I was wondering of how did you manage to overcome this issue? Appreciate if you could share it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimthecopierwrench View Post
    I will digress from discussing the legalities of meter resetting. I have successfully reverse engineered every meter and consumable from the CF-1501 to present KMBS models (okay I lie: Never did a 420 or 8050). Although initially for my own amusement, sending a refurbished machine with zero meters is neither a crime nor dishonest. Our customers know that they are receiving a refurbished and reset machine and the meters exist for OUR billing - not akin to an automobile's odometer intended to show actual age and usage.

I take great pride in my machines, and have developed cleaning and refinishing techniques that make them look better than new - such as a light buff with a matte clear lacquer, refinishing worn anodized guide plates, etc. This is a matter of personal pride and workmanship, not dishonesty.

And even when people know they're getting something 6 years old - they LIKE that new feel to clear counters, no scratches and dings, etc. I just bought a 3 year old car and appreciated the detailing the day i drove it off the lot (My German Shep has since undone all of that mind you.)

That said, although historically I've kept my various methods close to chest - I'll reveal the little trick to doing this model line at present (I assume KMBS will soon release a reset file, but until then...)

If you've tried a "lift the battery" NV reset, you've undoubtedly come across the COLOUR isolation switches appearing that you cannot reset on the mono machines.

The solution believe it or not is to reset the NVRAM, then install it in an appropriate large frame colour machine (I use the C-652) - then use the C-652 recovery file.

Pop the NV back into the 223 and perform a factory setup and licence management repair.

As I write this it's been a few months since the last, so i can't recall one minor detail ... Er, something in vendor mode defaults funny. Don't recall what, but it'll be obvious in stop-0-9.

Good Luck.
    Jim.

meisterstuck

Quote Originally Posted by tupeman View Post
    HI guys,

Newbie here. Does anyone know how to reset electronic counter of the Bizhub
    423/363/283/223 series?

Your inputs would be highly appreciated...
    Hy

i have nvram Whois are zéro meter count

ksearchlink@gmail.com