Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Solotime's Avatar

Re: pc 407 on a bizhub 501 jamming

Thanks for the update. Hopefully someone will reply to this thread with a solution. On the machine I am working on the buckle happens before the drum and the buckle in the paper puts a blank band on the copy due to poor transfer. The strange part is why this happens only on the LCT when the same parts are used for all trays. If the LCT is the cause then it is causing the issue at the reg rollers as that is where the buckle or jam occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Solotime View Post
    Did you find the issue with your machine? I have a 421 doing the same thing. Feeds fine out of trays 1 and 2. The LCT puts a buckle in the paper if the paper makes it through the machine. If not it jams with a 3000 code. I have swapped out the conveyance unit including new clutches. Cleaned the Reg sensor and swapped it out as well.
    Thanks
    . After cleaning the reflective prism (reg sensor) I never heard back. Some places depending on paper quality such as recycled seem to create alot of dust. Some places I see this alot and some I never have seen it. Seems like static build up could also be a factor in this area attracting dust to the sensor.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    pc 407 on a bizhub 501 jamming

Quote Originally Posted by CThurman View Post
    . After cleaning the reflective prism (reg sensor) I never heard back. Some places depending on paper quality such as recycled seem to create alot of dust. Some places I see this alot and some I never have seen it. Seems like static build up could also be a factor in this area attracting dust to the sensor.
    alot is not a word.
    Sorry, had to do it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Solotime's Avatar

Here is my issue with the registration sensor being the issue in my case. If it were the sensor then why would only the LCT tray be effected? Would the faulty or dirty sensor not cause all 3 trays to have the problem?
    Since it is only the bottom LCT tray then it has to either be something in the tray or some setting that deals with that tray. By the tray I have tried changing the paper buckle settings for tray 3 with no change.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    pc 407 on a bizhub 501 jamming

I haven't worked on Bizhub 501, however on c550 I had similar issue where the bottom vertical door would shut, but the hook (latch) on one side was cracked and not giving proper closure, a.e giving jams from tray 3-4. Just a thought. Hope you find your way out of this.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE