Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Old problem on C6500

Hang on guys, this is a tough one. So, we have this Bizhub Pro C6500 (3.000.000 copies) with a problem that has been going on for aprox. 2 years now.. If I print, let's say, an A3 sized paper with a full background (for e.g. Y 100, M 70, C 0, K 0) the print will come out with more yellow to the back of the machine than to the front; this is sometimes very annoying, there are orders that my collegues just can't print because of this. More details (and maybe tomorrow, I will scan a print-out) : changed ALL developing units, ALL charging coronas, ALL drums (of course, in 2 years I've done that several times), ALL developers, ALL WRITING UNITS, fixing unit, Transfer Belt Unit and ocassionaly only The Transfer Belt, Transfer Roller Lower. The machine does this on any stock, 80 gsm to 300 gsm. I did every possible adjustment, did all the adjustments for replacing parts, had the Minolta Techs visit us for several times with no results. Here is the interesting fact: we service other 3 C6500 and 2 of them ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM these other 2 print slightly better as the first one.. I was just wondering, has anybody seen this on other C6500s? Are we the only ones having these problems? Thanks! I forgot to say, the size of the print-out doesn't matter, from A4 to 13 x 19 inch, no difference and also forgot to say, I changed 2 different Color Registration Assys too, but thanks to the new text editor, I can't go back in the text to modify, so...

Technician
    Old problem on C6500

Re: Old problem on C6500

Something maybe to try.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seeb View Post
    Something maybe to try.
    Thanks! I forgot to say, I've done that too... sorry, I did so many things in 2 years with this machine, I can't think of everything right now But thank you any way! Now let me explain why this kind of "adjustment" won't work for me: The print-out has a different color (more yellow) only on a ~5-6 cm wide area, and as long as the sheet of paper is.. you'll understand better when you see the scan.

Sounds like the distance between the coronas and drum surface needs adjusting, this is a common problem and there are plenty of info for your techs to get from km.
    In service mode print test pattern 53, 1 at a time with a density of 40, measure the delta e value with a spectometer, in board and out board , the difference in value should be no greater than 2.
    Adjust to compensate for this, if you can get it within a delta value of 2, its within spec and is a realistic achievement.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

richd, thanks for the input; however, seeb suggested the same thing, I said I've done it without results..I'm the tech, I did everything I said and yes, KM has given me information about the distance between the corona and drum surface; after I tried it myself, it didn't work, a KM tech came and did the same thing with the same results.. that's why I said it's a tough one anyway, thanks for your support.

No problem, couldn't download the attachment using mobile app !
    Only thing left is changing the process carriage, could be skewed and wouldn't matter what you changed, would always get the same results ! A long shot but worth a go !
    Good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You know what, I thought of that too and since you're the second person to think of that, I think I'll give it a try... I hope it's not too expensive, though...will see.Thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts inutelkamo's Avatar

have you solve this problem?

We have encounter same type of problem..
    We change 4 drums, transfer unit, corona, transfer unit, 4 developing unit and ofcourse with new 4 developers,
    but still unsolve..

Until 1 day, as we were trying to see if what we can do, i have accidentally touch process adjustment at the paper size settings,
    and for i dont know, i set the "SEPERATION DC" front and back to -25..

It solved the problem...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inutelkamo View Post
    have you solve this problem?

We have encounter same type of problem..
    We change 4 drums, transfer unit, corona, transfer unit, 4 developing unit and ofcourse with new 4 developers,
    but still unsolve..

Until 1 day, as we were trying to see if what we can do, i have accidentally touch process adjustment at the paper size settings,
    and for i dont know, i set the "SEPERATION DC" front and back to -25..

It solved the problem...
    Thanks, I will try that too.. I'm not very confident it will work, but if you say it solved you're problem, I have nothing to lose.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar

I'm at a bit of a loss, Empiru.
    Clearly, you've made reasonable effort to correct the problem.
    I'd have looked at charge wires.

I don't know your firm's relationship with K-M, but they've been very responsive to us with sending a field engineer when necessary.
    Might consider holding K-M's feet to the fire on this one...

-I