Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

New problem on C6500

Hi, there! I have now a new problem on a C6500 that I service. Every time the customer adds a new toner bottle, the machine doesn't "recognize" it and keeps asking to Add Toner. The imediate solution is to turn off/ on and then it works. I already tried a new version of firmware, it doesn't work. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance!

Forgot to say, it happens on all colors + black.
    I don't help end-users. Hate me, give me bad reputation, I don't give a rat's a**. Pay a tehnician to solve your problem! We have to live too! What do you do when something hurts? Do you go to a doctor, or do you search it on google/ forums?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New problem on C6500

Re: New problem on C6500

empiru,
    Did this just start? If so I would think there may be a broken wire or an open in the circuit that senses when the
    bottles are replaced. It is not seeing the bottle being removed. When the machine power is cycled, it sees there
    is a bottle in place and continues to power up and probably adds toner as needed.
    I would run an input program to check the sensor. If no change, remove and clean the sensors. Or check the
    sensor with a meter right at the connector for the sensor for a high and low. This way you will be able to
    check for the proper working voltage.

Hope that helps

DR

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    empiru,
    Did this just start? If so I would think there may be a broken wire or an open in the circuit that senses when the
    bottles are replaced. It is not seeing the bottle being removed. When the machine power is cycled, it sees there
    is a bottle in place and continues to power up and probably adds toner as needed.
    I would run an input program to check the sensor. If no change, remove and clean the sensors. Or check the
    sensor with a meter right at the connector for the sensor for a high and low. This way you will be able to
    check for the proper working voltage.

Hope that helps

DR
    Thanks, Desert Rat - it really does help. About the sensors, you are right, BUT since the problem exists on all colors + black, I'm guessing, it would be something that's common to all of them.. maybe a board? I don't know yet, but your input helps me. Thanks! And to answer your question, yes, it started randomly, one day, after about 4 years since the company I work for services it..
    I don't help end-users. Hate me, give me bad reputation, I don't give a rat's a**. Pay a tehnician to solve your problem! We have to live too! What do you do when something hurts? Do you go to a doctor, or do you search it on google/ forums?

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by empiru View Post
    Hi, there! I have now a new problem on a C6500 that I service. Every time the customer adds a new toner bottle, the machine doesn't "recognize" it and keeps asking to Add Toner. The imediate solution is to turn off/ on and then it works. I already tried a new version of firmware, it doesn't work. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance!

Forgot to say, it happens on all colors + black.
    Hi Emp,

The solution guide (May revision) gave me this hit on "Toner Light Flashing":

Check for 24V DC at CN709 of the Toner Driving Board assembly (TSDB). When 24V DC is present replace M53 (p/n 27LA 8003 2E).Check for 24V DC IN at CN704 of the TSDB (p/n 65AA -906 1E). Replace DCPS/2 (p/n A03U M402 01) when there is no 24V DCIN present at CN704.

Hth.

-I

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks, Ianizer! Will try it after I get back from vacation.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Problem solved! I feel so stupid... maybe because I am stupid? ) I didn't seem to find any sensors that "see" when the bottle is removed, I found only one sensor that "sees" when the toner bottle door is open; cleaned it and it fixed the problem. So, Desert Rat, you were right, it was a dirty sensor. So simple... I'm embarassed that I posted this problem But maybe someone can use this info in the future

Vacation? Who said you could go on vacation? Techs get vacation? WTH? When did this happen?

Anyway.

Emp,

On a XDC252, I once sacrificed many hours of my life over the course of several months; many dollars worth of boards, clutches, sensors and drive parts; and quite nearly my customer's good confidence (not to mention, my soundness of mind), puzzling over over a recurring finisher fault code that turned out to be the exit clamp spring being so tight that it was binding a perfectly strong clutch...

Wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last.

Chalk it up to experience, my friend and move on. Just added another hit to the zettabyte knowledgebase between your ears.

-I

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ianizer View Post
    Vacation? Who said you could go on vacation? Techs get vacation? WTH? When did this happen?

Anyway.

Emp,

On a XDC252, I once sacrificed many hours of my life over the course of several months; many dollars worth of boards, clutches, sensors and drive parts; and quite nearly my customer's good confidence (not to mention, my soundness of mind), puzzling over over a recurring finisher fault code that turned out to be the exit clamp spring being so tight that it was binding a perfectly strong clutch...

Wasn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last.

Chalk it up to experience, my friend and move on. Just added another hit to the zettabyte knowledgebase between your ears.

-I
    Yes, you're right. It all stacks up on the experience shelf, so to speak.. and in the end, I'm pretty confident, that experience matters the most in this field.
    And about the vacation, you were right... I actually am on vacation, but haven't got out of the city yet and was soooo curious if I can solve it quickly, so I went at the location today I know... call me whatever you want, but sometimes, I just can't help it...

Quote Originally Posted by empiru View Post
    ...I actually am on vacation...
    And posting to CTN...

Nerd.

-I

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianizer View Post
    And posting to CTN...

Nerd.

-I
    Hey, maybe he missed you?!?! lol
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.