Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar

Re: Problem Banner Printing On C550 And C451

Quote Originally Posted by mindhunter View Post
    do you think it work ? if i change the FW?
    Well, I'm sure I don't know... Update to the latest base FW & find out... Or, if so equipped, research Special FW that may or may not add the functionality... -I

anhlinh78

HI Friends,
    I also have the same situation, I have three machines but notthing has banner printing function.
    Please help me to set up to display the number 6 for banner printing function.
    Thanks and regards,
    Linh Anh.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Anything with a "C"(office systems) in front of it can do banners...it's the finisher that inhibits the function on the C650 series...If the 517/608 is installed then the option will be gone from the utility menu..If no finisher is installed, then the MFP can do banners...The service manual says C451 only for banner printing, but I have many C650/550 at our UPS accounts that use the banner print functions so it must be an older version of firmware you are looking at..I believe the C650 series is at function version 3, but you have to enable this version using the latest firmware and a change to the soft switches. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Problem Banner Printing On C550 And C451

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Anything with a "C"(office systems) in front of it can do banners...it's the finisher that inhibits the function on the C650 series...If the 517/608 is installed then the option will be gone from the utility menu..If no finisher is installed, then the MFP can do banners...The service manual says C451 only for banner printing, but I have many C650/550 at our UPS accounts that use the banner print functions so it must be an older version of firmware you are looking at..I believe the C650 series is at function version 3, but you have to enable this version using the latest firmware and a change to the soft switches. Emujo
    Hey emujo,
    I have never had an occasion to do a banner until now, much less operate a c650 without a finisher. When I remove the finisher the machine says there is a door open.
    Sitting at home, I am thinking I might be able to put all the finisher-like options set in trouble mode
    I have the latest base firmware installed.

You wouldn't happen to know what switches to change would you??

Or if there is a relevant special firmware--there are only about 74 to sort through...
    I compiled ALL the special firmware pdf documentation into one giant file and searched for "banner." The only remotely relevant entery is this in DLBT1101114EN02:
    "3. The size of loaded paper is not automatically detected even if you load the paper on Bypass Tray after Banner printing. [PEBJKS11000774]"
    However, the text is struck through...curious...

Partner in crime 100+ Posts Avskrap's Avatar

If it says a door is open when you've removed the finisher, you haven't removed the vertical transport. It's enough just to disconnect the contact from the rear and hold the vertical transport open while printing.

I think you meant the output tray.
    I disconnected the output tray and was able to operate the machine without a finisher (cool trick)

Pressed the utility key, but banner printing is not available.

I did this with two different c650's and one has an IC-409 installed.
    Latest Base firmware on both

Technician

I'm trying to get this going too. Previous C353 had the option. We only occasionally do banners for our retail displayers.... this sucks. Paying $12 per print from Staples. Argh!! Have a C550, 608 finisher. Tried with finisher removed, no difference.

Have another tech buddy looking into this but no luck so far. Will check firmware next. Nothing in admin settings or service mode I can find. Won't allow larger than 12x18 or whatever largest paper size is, custom sizes comes back with error and can't go larger anyway.

This one has same fiery as the previous C353. Not that it matters.

Why did KM turn this feature off on these models??

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by westvandude View Post
    I'm trying to get this going too. Previous C353 had the option. We only occasionally do banners for our retail displayers.... this sucks. Paying $12 per print from Staples. Argh!! Have a C550, 608 finisher. Tried with finisher removed, no difference.

Have another tech buddy looking into this but no luck so far. Will check firmware next. Nothing in admin settings or service mode I can find. Won't allow larger than 12x18 or whatever largest paper size is, custom sizes comes back with error and can't go larger anyway.

This one has same fiery as the previous C353. Not that it matters.

Why did KM turn this feature off on these models??
    I never found the software switch Emujo is referencing, but I suspect that if the marketing area was changed to Japan it might work (these models will do banner printing in Japan--I read this from some document from Konica).
    That being said, I have never changed the marketing area to Japan so I don't know if it will change the language too...?

tetreault

Yes it might.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Softswitch 25. If you look at MENU/UTLILTY/ there should be a device information choice. This shows your management version. I believe the C650 series is at ver 3. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.