Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Konica minolta biz hub 353 waste tank

Working on a biz hub 353 calling for a waste tank. Customer put new tank in would not recognize it. Calls for you to install waste tank. Thinking the tank might have something wrong with it i installed the old tank. It recognized it being there, but also recognized it was full. So, i emptied the old tank and installed it. Then it did not recognize the tank was there just like with the new one. So,... I put some of the old toner back in the old tank (what a mess) and now it is working fine, untill it reaches full capasity again. Anyone know what is going on here and how to fix it? Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Konica minolta biz hub 353 waste tank

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Re: Konica minolta biz hub 353 waste tank

Have a look at the new tank and should be able to find a little window that pretrudes from the WTT. This window is how the machines detect the level of toner that is in the WTT

Also look at the machine and where the WTT goes in to the machine, you should find a sensor where the windows on the WTT sits. Make sure that this sensor is also clean.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ok thanks,
    but why does a half full tank work, and a empty one,clean or dirty does not work?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Every now and then, you can get a new one that is a touch dirty in the window or something in there which which tricks the machine into thinking that the WTT is full or not even installed.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

jam a flat blade under the detection window on the new waste toner and pop it off. Clean the window and see if that helps. Make sure to superglue the window back down. Or for 20 dollars just buy a new one
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ok guys, thanks again looks like everyone agrees. It is a sensor\window issue.
    Thanks agian