Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Konica Bizhub C220 C2 Firmware Setting

Hi, Can somebody please explain to me what settings need to be changed when loading the C2 Firmware to eliminate the need to replace the Drums, Devs, Fusers ETC.

Iv got some docs on it from the firmware readme file but could someone please explain in lamens terms as it never seems to work.

Regards

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Konica Bizhub C220 C2 Firmware Setting

it doesn't elimnate the need to replace drums, fuser,x-fer belt, it allows you to run past the life span. You still need to change out assys that no longer meet the customers CQ expectations. Dip switch 55 to 0C, switch 51 to F0, and enhanced security mode "life stop setting" to "no stop". (settings are only valid after firmware is in place). Don't forget to deselect "scanner" when updating firmware.

Above settings are for C360 only, setings are different for all 4 color families.

You will still see the oil can if anything has reached its end of life, but the MFP will continue to run.
    Hope this helps with "lamens" terms. Emujo

Your also better off upgrading to C6 as there are a lot of 'bugs' in the C2 firmware.
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the input, got that C6 now aswell.... im getting confused with this if someone could clear it up

"

1. The following Software Switch is added to eliminate “life warning for Color IU and Bk drum unit”.

Switch No.: 51
    Hex Assignment - 00: Life warning is displayed. (Default)
    Hex Assignment - 10: Life warning is NOT displayed.

1. The following Software Switch is added to eliminate “life warning for Bk developing unit".

Switch No.: 51
    Hex Assignment - 00: Life warning is displayed. (Default)
    Hex Assignment - 20: Life warning is NOT displayed."

It says to change switch 51 to both 10 and 20 but you can only set it once so which one is best 10 or 20? and if you do put it to 20 does this include the colour ius and black drum?

Regards

This is explained in Tech Bulletin # 7528 dated 6/9/11 same for C220 C280 and C360

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

After firmware update, set softswitch 55 to hex "0C" and switch 51 to hex "F0", enhanced security set DC developer stop to "no stop". Emujo

Under my point of view new firmware's ( C2,C6) helps and are ok if your machines are for your use , but as logic end customers will call KM dealer's services after check the oil can icon, and this will not help too much to avoid their calls.
    Is better to spend some $'s in chips and give an end solution ( with nothing flashing on their eyes ).
    We have full line of chips including the C220,C280,C360 families for developing units in stock.
    For any information don't hesitate to contact me sending private message.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS HOME View Post
    Under my point of view new firmware's ( C2,C6) helps and are ok if your machines are for your use , but as logic end customers will call KM dealer's services after check the oil can icon, and this will not help too much to avoid their calls.
    Is better to spend some $'s in chips and give an end solution ( with nothing flashing on their eyes ).
    We have full line of chips including the C220,C280,C360 families for developing units in stock.
    But you would say that wouldn't you!!! My experience is that customers take no notice of the oil can, or any other message for that matter!!

There are customers who do not detect it at first tech51, as we told on thread we only offert you ANOTHER SOLUTION , because if sooner or later someone detect it and call , two days, a week or a month later your boss will find increased the service calls!. But it does not hurt to try upgrade firm and try :-), maybe half of them don't call you. It's up to you. Sooner or later consumables must be replaced that the crude reality!

By other side the notifications on PSWC, Fiery Remote Control Screen and CS do not change and Care end of life message is still apparent.

Best regards.

fdesantiago

Re: Konica Bizhub 420 Firmware Setting

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS HOME View Post
    Hi my name is Fidel DeSantaiago and with D & F Copier and I'm looking for the firmware for a Konica BizHub 420, can you help me.?

My e-mail address if fidel@dfcopier.com