Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts avecosat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    Quote Originally Posted by kanini View Post
    Thanks for the tip nvram, I'll be careful. I've now taken the machine apart as far as I've gotten to the color and K pc drum motors, but do I really need to remove the color PC drum motor also to get to the PS45&PS46 sensors (K PC encoder sensor 1&2)? Want to avoid the adjustment procedure. Service manual doesn't show any pics of the sensors as they are part of the main drive assy.

    Do i really need to remove the whole main drive assy to get to the sensors to clean them?? It seems like a lot of work just to get to the sensors, does anybody know where these sensors are in relation to the K PC drum motor for example?

    Thanks a lot!
    No , you donĀ“t need to remove the main drive unit but be careful and they are right behind the K PC drum motor , in BLSJ you have a bulletin about this sensors .


  2. #12
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,595
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    I have the same issue but on a C552, is there away to blow out the sensors from inside the machine, say by removing all IU's then blower brush air through the back of the machine, or is that a bit hit & miss!?

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  3. #13
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    notts
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    Unfortunately it's not that easy, you have to access it from the back.


  4. #14
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,595
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    So what do I need to remove to clean these sensors on a C452? & how long should I allow to do it?

    Thanks

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    So what do I need to remove to clean these sensors on a C452? & how long should I allow to do it?

    Thanks
    I also want to know how to find these sensors to clean? I have c451


  6. #16
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,595
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    Quote Originally Posted by Joana View Post
    I also want to know how to find these sensors to clean? I have c451
    Check the manual for location, but you can access it by swinging out the controller box, I got in there with a can of air spray gave it a blast clean all good. Word of caution the disk is fragile & easy to warp so dont try & wipe it clean!

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Check the manual for location, but you can access it by swinging out the controller box, I got in there with a can of air spray gave it a blast clean all good. Word of caution the disk is fragile & easy to warp so dont try & wipe it clean!
    according to the manual I can see these here Screenshot by Lightshot and actual sensors here Screenshot by Lightshot

    BUT the question - where to stick air blower trying to blow these sensors? Do i need to dismantle PWB-MFP plate to reach them? What to unscrew to swing controler board?
    32472009_2090760730951383_735849922120646656_n.jpg32235325_2090760764284713_2522159475163398144_n.jpg

    What should I take out reaching them for a blow?

    Last edited by Joana; 1 Week Ago at 11:58 PM.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    updates - from yesterday was trying to get to the main drive. So i did it (8 hours of continuous work, was trying to do it very accurately). Still don't know how to dissemble it and actually afraid to - because I think will need to calibrate main drive unit?

    But anyway decided to blow with air. Were looking a best spot to blow and I have noticed the thin encoder disk. while rotating motor - I can see it is bent a little on one side.

    Here are the pictures

    Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

    Should I start looking a new main drive unit or take out all drive unit and try to unbend the encoder disk? possible?


  9. #19
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,795
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    Quote Originally Posted by Joana View Post
    updates - from yesterday was trying to get to the main drive. So i did it (8 hours of continuous work, was trying to do it very accurately). Still don't know how to dissemble it and actually afraid to - because I think will need to calibrate main drive unit?

    But anyway decided to blow with air. Were looking a best spot to blow and I have noticed the thin encoder disk. while rotating motor - I can see it is bent a little on one side.

    Here are the pictures

    Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_2.jpg

    Should I start looking a new main drive unit or take out all drive unit and try to unbend the encoder disk? possible?
    cannot "unbend" replace the unit


  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    cannot "unbend" replace the unit

    Have taken out main drive unit, yes its impossible to bent. Its very fragile. Dont understand how it could be bent So looking for new one


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •