Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Spencer in St. Louis

C 35 NVRAM Erase

Hey All,

I returned from vacation to find that one of my bizhub C35's shit the bed. It appears to have completely went back to factory default and all counters lost. The address book and network settings are gone as well. I had loaded the most recent firmware to both machines in this office, and this one lost it's mind. It did retain it's serial number but everything else is gone. What the hell happened when I went fishing?! Is there a way to back up the NVRAM? Or recover the old info? I doubt it but all input on this one is appreciated with as many as I have in the field.

Thank you!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: C 35 NVRAM Erase

Does the 2nd machine in that office have address book? export and import thru web page. Have not seen one completely crash yet. Sorry not much help.

Spencer in St. Louis

Talking Re: C 35 NVRAM Erase

yeah, used Pagescope to export addresses to the 2nd machine. But why did thing 1 crap out and thing 2 survive? Thank you.
    ''

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C 35 NVRAM Erase

Did you read the "Read Me" file with the firmware before you started? Is it possible that both C35's were not at the same level before you started? You can not always jump from one level to the other. Here is an excerpt from the latest Base Firmware Read Me file:

4. Restrictions
    - Please upgrade the firmware to A121-30G0-0429-05 when upgrading from the equal or older versionthan A121-30G0-0429-05.- Please execute Restore Defaults (Restore All) after firmware upgrade when upgrading a new unit.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Spencer in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    Did you read the "Read Me" file with the firmware before you started? Is it possible that both C35's were not at the same level before you started? You can not always jump from one level to the other. Here is an excerpt from the latest Base Firmware Read Me file:

4. Restrictions
    - Please upgrade the firmware to A121-30G0-0429-05 when upgrading from the equal or older versionthan A121-30G0-0429-05.- Please execute Restore Defaults (Restore All) after firmware upgrade when upgrading a new unit.
    Thank you pepper.
    I thought the same thing, both machines were written with the same version of firmware. I did view the read-me file and was aware of the issue, KM has been notorious for those issues in the past. I've just had one problem after another with this series and several tech's won't go near these little guys. I'm just "hungry" enough or "dumb" enough to take on the product line. I believe it may have been a fluke issue, I haven't heard back from the customer and will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again.