Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    manlooking42

i needc help with my 7040 konica copier

my copier is reading error E-56-1 need to know what it means and how to fix it ty

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Re: i needc help with my 7040 konica copier

DESCRIPTION: E56-01 at power up.

CAUSE: Image control communication abnormality. When the SW2 (sub power) is switched ON, the signal from the ICB (image control board) is not sent to the CB (control board) within 10 seconds.

SOLUTION: Reseat all the connectors on the CB, ICB, SCDB (scanner drive board), PRDB (printer drive board), the NVRAM and EPROMS. If the problem persists, check the ROM version of the ICB in the 25 mode. To check ROM version, perform the following:
    1. Power OFF the copier with SW2 (sub power), leaving SW1 (main power) ON.
    2. Access the 25 mode (switch SW2 ON while simultaneously pressing the 2 and 5 keys). The 25 mode menu screen appears.
    3. Press [9. ROM version]. The ROM version display screen will appear.

Note: If ROM version data does not appear (allow approximately 5 to 10 seconds for the ICB ROM version data to populate on the LCD), replace the ICB (p/n 55GA-9020).
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This old beast is known for throwing random errors if the front door inter lock switch goes bad or the T/S Carona arcs. First try eliminating the interlock switch by simply bypassing it with Jumpers on the switch terminals. Then try operating with the T/S carona removed. If neither of these offers any solution. Stop wasting your time it's time to upgrade. Because MrWho is correct and you have a Board Problem.

If you are for some sentimental reason attached to this old girl and don't want to give her up. Bite the bullet and pay a Tech to fix it. But if it's not one of the first two things I described it will not likely be cheap!
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

manlooking42

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    This old beast is known for throwing random errors if the front door inter lock switch goes bad or the T/S Carona arcs. First try eliminating the interlock switch by simply bypassing it with Jumpers on the switch terminals. Then try operating with the T/S carona removed. If neither of these offers any solution. Stop wasting your time it's time to upgrade. Because MrWho is correct and you have a Board Problem.

If you are for some sentimental reason attached to this old girl and don't want to give her up. Bite the bullet and pay a Tech to fix it. But if it's not one of the first two things I described it will not likely be cheap!
    what is the t/s carona and where is it

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manlooking42 View Post
    what is the t/s carona and where is it
    That's like an aspiring car mechanic asking what is the steering wheel and where is it?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!