Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

KONICA MINOLTA C500

Hey guys,
    this c 500 was jamming or stopping right befor it hit the fuser. Now i am getting an sc 33-2 and a j31-2 after warm up. The sc 33-2 code goes away when turned on and off sometimes but if it goes away then i get the j31-2 code. The machine does this with two differant fuser unts, same codes. I have run checks on m30, ps17,ps16,m701, m29, all seem to be working fine. Need this thing up for monday. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: KONICA MINOLTA C500

Duplex entrance sensor will wear out and cause all kinds of weird jams. Also the one ways that drive the exit rollers need to be scored up every now and then as well. (They are on the number 11 door. (One right next to the fuser has the number 11 handle on it). The fuser drive has one ways but I don't see them ever be a prob on a c500. (The 6500 yes). The torgue limiter on the fuser pressure goes bad (bottom of fuser) the cable for the exit sensor out of the fuser will walk out (you'll get a constant jam in number 9) DO NOT plug this back in with power on you WILL kill the adu board. I usually use a tie wrap to hold it in place. HTH let us know.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Sorry, I just re-read this and it's pre fuser you are having probs with. LOL Oh well... check the #9 sensor and tie wrap it, as it's always a problem.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ok thanks a lot . Sounds like you reallllllllllllllly know this machine inside out. Thats usually not a good sign!!!!! Thanks again for the infor i will check it out asap.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: KONICA MINOLTA C500 I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

OUT OF FUSTARATION AND DESPERATION TO GET A MACHINE ANY MACHINE RUNNING. I WALKED AWAY FROM MACHINE (A) AND STARTED WORKING ON MACHINE (B). I TRANSFURED THE DRUMS,DV UNITS, AND FUSER INTO MACHINE B. (YA I KNOW BUT LIKE I SAID I AM DESPERATE) I AM GETTING THE SAME CODES IN BOTH MACHINES AND WITH BOTH FUSERS (SC 33-2) AND (J31-2) EVEN THOUGH NEITHER CODE POINTS TO THE FUSER! I THOUGHT I HAD ELIMINATED THE FUSER BECAUSE THE MACHINE GAVE THE SAME CODE WITH TWO DIFFERANT FUSERS. HOW CAN THIS BE? AND, IF IT IS IN THE FUSER HOW COULD IT BE IN BOTH FUSERS? I AM SO OVER THIS JOB RIGHT NOW. HELP!!!

worker drone 250+ Posts

The typical fuser SC codes are 34-35-and 36 all of which must be reset in 25 mode with Dpsw 3-1. I don't recognize 33. But if you have a bad part in fuser and it triggers the fuser sc code, you will down both machines by swapping fusers.

Does the fuser make a thunk sound when it's warming up?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Does the fuser make a thunk sound when it's warming up?

NO NOISE FROM EITHER COPIER.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ok guys finally got these machines goiing it was a board problem. The one in the front, to the right of the fuser. Must have had a bad fuser and transfuring it to the other machine transfured the problem. How do i check out the bad fuser to repair it without damaging another board?
    Thanks for all your input. Have a good one.

Thank you for replying back.