Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C253 with J30-01!

Question C253 with J30-01!

I seem to remember posts in the past about this problem! Cannot find via search. Have had this fault on the same machine off and on for some time now, all sensors check out, and fault is intermittant. Today found machine actually faulty during visit...A3 copy paper z folded before the 2nd transfer roller! No burrs on guides, all sensors again working on input/output test. I swopped the registration clutch and sensor with those from the 2nd tray..and off it went no jams...for now? The J30-01 codes are recorded as being when feeding from any tray so not feeds...rollers and shafts etc checked and replace a few calls ago.

Any ideas....?

C253 with J30-01!

Re: C253 with J30-01!

Nobody with any ideas? I am off for two weeks so will check if my last fix worked when I get back.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

i had this the other day & it was intermittent...clean the sensor near the transfer roller...enjoy your break...or if you're reading this in 2 weeks....hope you had a good break...lol
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Agree with the above. Had this same problem and it ended up being the sensor just before the registration roller. I think i had the problem on a c550, but the description is identical. Cleaned the sensor with some canned air and then wiped it down...solved.

Just had to go back to the m/c i cleaned the sensor on....still playing up....appears to be curling towards the transfer belt....turned the paper over in the cassette & managed to do 300 copies.......dont think thats the cure...but would be interested if it does the same for you...
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C253 with J30-01!

Question Re: C253 with J30-01!

I haven't had this issue YET..isn't the clutch just a bit rusty? If you have swapped it with the one from 2nd tray they both may have the same rustiness ..I would give'em a good inside clean. If you have cleaned the reg. sensor. already. It is usually extra 10 min.

C253 with J30-01!

Thumbs up Re: C253 with J30-01!

Quote Originally Posted by minimerlin View Post
    Nobody with any ideas? I am off for two weeks so will check if my last fix worked when I get back.
    Well now back at the coalface! Without wishing to put a curse on it...so far the problem has not resurfaced..or the customer has not bothered to report! I still have the fingers crossed!

C253 with J30-01!

Angry Re: C253 with J30-01!

Well..the call came in today just as before! Will be going tomorrow...might try some semtex..lol. Getting rather personal now!

i replaced the transfer roller 2 weeks ago and i haven't heard from them since.....

Quote Originally Posted by minimerlin View Post
    Well..the call came in today just as before! Will be going tomorrow...might try some semtex..lol. Getting rather personal now!
    I'll do you a swap, I will go up to Scotland and have a crack at your C253 if you come down to Devon and fix the C5001 im going to tomorrow with yet another SC29 code......
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.