Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C6500P - image shift

Hello everybody!
    The machine C6500P , 800000 clics, shifts the image in the main scanning direction (2-3mm) randomly when printing heavy stock from the bypass tray. There is no skew. Unfortunately the customer prints small series and does not use the large capacity tfray.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C6500P - image shift

Well, it's like this:

- first, you have to establish if this happens on all trays, or only on the bypass tray, like you said. I would suggest you find out yourself, don't let the customer inform you, because they can't see every little problem.
    - if it happens only on the bypass tray, first you have to change all 3 rollers that feed the paper from that tray; if the problem persists, than change the torque limiter from underneath the separation roller from the bypass tray.
    - if it happens on all trays, then it's clearly a registration problem; first, I would clean the registration roller and the whole section, in fact. If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the registration roller.

I hope this helps!
    I don't help end-users. Hate me, give me bad reputation, I don't give a rat's a**. Pay a tehnician to solve your problem! We have to live too! What do you do when something hurts? Do you go to a doctor, or do you search it on google/ forums?

Quote Originally Posted by blago_vd View Post
    Hello everybody!
    The machine C6500P , 800000 clics, shifts the image in the main scanning direction (2-3mm) randomly when printing heavy stock from the bypass tray. There is no skew. Unfortunately the customer prints small series and does not use the large capacity tfray.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Registration issue.

800.000 clicks are a lot.
    Have you ever check the registration section?

The registration section is checked and cleaned. The registration roller is replaced once. The rollers on bypass are almost new.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well, then, I can't think of anything else than the torque limiter from the bypass tray - have you tried changing that?
    I don't help end-users. Hate me, give me bad reputation, I don't give a rat's a**. Pay a tehnician to solve your problem! We have to live too! What do you do when something hurts? Do you go to a doctor, or do you search it on google/ forums?