Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CopyXpress

Fiery Print Control Admin PW

Hi, were trying to get another color machine going in the copy center part of our store, but the fiery is giving us some trouble. It seems no one knows the admin PW. I guess the people who had set it up last time are no longer working here, and my boss doesn't know what it is. My guess is its probably the default password (if there is one by default) but I could find any clues as to what it would be. Is there a way to reset it? Or is there a default pw? Once again, thanks for reading.

edit: Ohh yeah, its a cn3102e fiery print controller

CopyXpress
    Well, I search and found the Default Admin PW is '0000' like we had thought. But thats not it Anyone know if its possible to reset it?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    There is a file that will cause most fiery's to print a page that has the admin password on it. I do not have the file, I have only read about it on other websites. If you can google it (fiery password) you should be able to find it. I also do not know which ones it works on. Like I said I have heard about it but have not had to use it so I did not download it.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

System Engineer 100+ Posts
    The 3102 x3e fiery does not have a password...The only fiery's that have a password are Version 8 which is Fiery.1 Another thing you can do is log in to Command workstation and select Administrator but do not put any password. If you can log in then you can run the set-up. Hope this helps/

CopyXpress
    I navigate through the menus on the copier, goto Run Setup, then I get a box that pops up and says "Enter Password" and its not like a a 4 digit numeric password or anything like that, it brings up a keyboard with only letters.....

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    We don't work on Konica Minolta, we have Kyocera Mita w/ fiery. If we ran into that problem with an admin password, we had to reload the system software on the fiery.. Mayby thats an option for you,
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Just a brick in the wall 100+ Posts Absurd's Avatar
    We have them on our KM-C3130's and KM-C2230's and the default password was all 0's. Just fill the screen with 0's and that gets us in but ive never seen one put up a on screen keyboard.
    Southern Duplicating of Mississippi
    PSN: DrAbsurd (if you know you know)

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

CopyXpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    We have them on our KM-C3130's and KM-C2230's and the default password was all 0's. Just fill the screen with 0's and that gets us in but ive never seen one put up a on screen keyboard.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking...Every other time I've seen it done it was just four 0's and a completely differnt looking screen, boss said tech that used to work here added pw for some reason or another. Didnt know it was possible or how it was done. Im gonna try reloading the system software. Thanks for the responses.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Before you reload try "Fiery.1" that works on the canon at the office. I did not realize the keyboard came up.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Before you reload try "Fiery.1" that works on the canon at the office. I did not realize the keyboard came up.
    Lots of suggestions and I kinda lost track of all that was said. There are two different default passwords for the administrative functions of the fiery depending upon the options you have.

-blank-
    "Fiery.1"

If asked for a user name, use "Administrator". I am not absolutely certain, but I think the 'Fiery.1' is only used with the FACI option on the Fiery.

The "0000" is only used for the copier functions as a default pw.