Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    bizhub 350 copy problem

Re: bizhub 350 copy problem

Just some thoughts:

The tiny white dots inside the black pattern are very symmetrical. Do they correspondent with the drum separator claws? If yes, than there are two things coming to mind: A) Stray light shining on the drum (not likely cause its too even spreaded from front to rear) or somehow a charge coming from the transfer roller on the drum. The latter could mean a defective HV unit. Did you check those drum discharge lamps by the way? Are they going on AND off?

Hans

bizhub 350 copy problem

Just some thoughts:

The tiny white dots inside the black pattern are very symmetrical. Do they correspondent with the drum separator claws? If yes, than there are two things coming to mind: A) Stray light shining on the drum (not likely cause its too even spreaded from front to rear) or somehow a charge coming from the transfer roller on the drum. The latter could mean a defective HV unit. Did you check those drum discharge lamps by the way? Are they going on AND off?

Hans

Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Just some thoughts:

Hans
    hi sir hans, yes they do correspond with the claw, I was also thinking of some kind of light but I have no idea where it could be coming from. How can I see the discharge lamp going on and off I removed the back cover but all I can see is the glow of the heater lamp

bizhub 350 copy problem

Are you able to swap the HV unit? (PM Page 9 position 3, behind the image unit)

Hans

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub 350 copy problem

Ok I was confused, I thought originally that you were just changing the Developer unit. Now I realize you were swapping the entire Image unit which consists of both the drum assy and the developer assy. You have narrowed the problem down to the drum assy. Can you see physical damage to the drums that have been tried in that machine? Did this problem just occur, or did it start after some sort of servicing?

Since you say the copy starts out good and then deteriorate after about 60 copies. I would not think it is not a contact problem. The light striking the drum, sounds possible but the problem occurs when the machine is running and the drum is turning not after the drum has been sitting still. I guess you could verify if it is actually the drum by taking the DRUM Only ( not the Drum Assy ) out of a non working unit and placing it in a working unit, and testing. If the problem follows then something is destroying the drum.

Is it possible that each drum cleaning section is being compacted with toner ( possibly the recycle tube on the toner hopper is plugged ) ?
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

@Hans: I have not yet swapped the HV but I'm now in the process of testing it. I'll be back for the feed back.

@pepper38_cnd: the drum is physically in good condition and no damage at all. All cleaning section were cleaned.

Technician

Lightbulb Re: bizhub 350 copy problem

I have the same problem. I changed the cleaning blade and I used the old drum because the new one was not the proper one. I said it doesnt matter to have a new blade with old drum for 2-3 days till the new drum arrives.
    Before replacing the blade the copier was printing ok but with tiny dots from normal wear of drum.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Angry Re: bizhub 350 copy problem

Hi there!
    Yes it sounds strange, but about 10 month ago my fellow technician had a similar problem and after some day's he got the solution: the customer had opend the OEM-Tonerbottle & put in some old toner he had in his desk!After changing developer & new toner the problem was gone. You can imaging his cursing about this stupid customer!
    Greetings....

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Yes it sounds strange, but about 10 month ago my fellow technician had a similar problem and after some day's he got the solution: the customer had opend the OEM-Tonerbottle & put in some old toner he had in his desk!After changing developer & new toner the problem was gone. You can imaging his cursing about this stupid customer!
    Greetings....
    Yes the toner can be a problem but this copier is the copier that I use in my own copy shop.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Genuine bizhub 350 drums come as a unit.

why dont you try a GENUINE NEW drum unit and a GENUINE NEW developing unit with GENUINE developer and see what happens.

I NEVER have any problems with these machines at all, ever.