Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician
    C6500 assistance needed error C-2451

Hi All,

I just wanted to as a question before I call for tech to come out and sort this out..

Here is the scenario.

we have purchased a used machine that we bought in and setup, we got the machine setup and running and ran a small test print of 100 sheets and it was fine, which was late in the afternoon so we shut it down at the end of the day and then started it the next morning but from that morning on we get error C-2451 each time it starts..

The error desciption for this code is:
    When the developing motor/Y
    (M20) is ON, the maximum
    detection value of TCR sensor/Y
    (TCRS/Y) is the specified value
    and the difference between the
    maximum detection value and
    the minimum detection value is
    over the specified value.

So we opened up the Toner Supply section and found that someone had taped up the supply shoots on both the Developers and the toner supply stations as well so clearly there was no toner being delivered.

Can anyone make any suggestions how to clear the error or has it stuffed up the Yellow Developer do you think?

Thanks in advance!!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: C6500 assistance needed error C-2451

Either run the toner supply mode for yellow or pop the cap and pour some toner in then run the dev motor for a bit to mix in the toner.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician

Thanks for your help..

That seemed to have fixed that error but now I seem to have another

C-3102 which is:
    When the fusing release home
    sensor (PS16) is ON, PS16 is
    not turned OFF within the specified
    time after the fusing motor
    (M29) is turned ON. When PS16
    is OFF, PS16 is not turned ON
    within the specified time after
    M29 is turned ON

I am a little lost on this one though!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Change or clean the one-way gear in the fusing unit. Check the link below:
    C6500 C-3102 at power up

PS: How do you run toner supply on this type of machine? I didn't know it is possible...

Technician

I could not fine a way in the service manual to run toner supply either so I add the toner manually a cycled the power on the machine, repeated this a couple of times and to seems to have cleared the 2451 error.

I came in this morning and turned the machine on expecting the 3102 error but it came on fine, I have since ran a couple of hundred sheets through and it seems fine so I will see how it goes, if it keeps coming back then I will check the one way gears as you have suggested..

Thanks for your help!

So, you cannot do a toner supply on this machine. Is this true, RRodgers?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ni311 View Post
    So, you cannot do a toner supply on this machine. Is this true, RRodgers?
    search the manuals for "toner refresh"
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    search the manuals for "toner refresh"
    I was refering to "47" mode (well... no 47 mode in these anymore) but on the C500's I would just run the toner bottle spin mode (I forget what it was I think it was 1 - 50) And then you can just run the dev motor. But it's easier just to pop the top, pour some in and then run the agitation for that color.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Indeed, toner refresh it is a good enough equivalent to good old toner supply, I never thought in these terms. Now, the question: can you do a toner refresh while the machine is in code for low or high toner density?

Rajeevk

Post Re: C6500 assistance needed error C-2451

Swap suspected problem developing unit with the another developing unit (tape up the developer toner
    entrance hole or leave toner hopper unit open with interlocks made so it will not be adding toner to the incorrect swapped
    unit) and power ON the machine. If the problem follows the developing unit and a different service code is indicated, the
    TDS sensor (p/n A03U M508 01) may have failed.
    To verify, check the values of the sensors in the Service mode => Process adjustment => Sensor output check => #4
    TCR sensors. Values should be around 130 (if no reading, check developing unit connections, spring contacts and for
    loose wires). The higher the value, the more undertoned the developer. The lower the value, the more overtoned.
    Try depleting toner, if needed, from the suspected unit by running halftones of test pattern 53, density of 255 (leaving
    toner hopper unit open so it will not add toner). Check if the TCR value rises, achieving a value of 130.
    Try adding toner to the suspected unit (closing the toner hopper unit so it will add) in the I/O mode (54-4 for Yellow, 54-5
    for Magenta, 54-6 for Cyan or 54-7 for Black) to see if the suspected unit values go lower (if not, the toner hopper may be
    packed or the toner motor has failed; test in I/O). Try to achieve the value of 130.
    The above procedures might have to be done a couple of times to achieve the target values. Perform any required image
    adjustments after the procedure has been done.
    Malfunction Code Color
    C-2451 Yellow
    C-2452 Magenta
    C-2453 Cyan
    C-2454 Black
    Quote Originally Posted by plnewton View Post
    Hi All,

I just wanted to as a question before I call for tech to come out and sort this out..

Here is the scenario.

we have purchased a used machine that we bought in and setup, we got the machine setup and running and ran a small test print of 100 sheets and it was fine, which was late in the afternoon so we shut it down at the end of the day and then started it the next morning but from that morning on we get error C-2451 each time it starts..

The error desciption for this code is:
    When the developing motor/Y
    (M20) is ON, the maximum
    detection value of TCR sensor/Y
    (TCRS/Y) is the specified value
    and the difference between the
    maximum detection value and
    the minimum detection value is
    over the specified value.

So we opened up the Toner Supply section and found that someone had taped up the supply shoots on both the Developers and the toner supply stations as well so clearly there was no toner being delivered.

Can anyone make any suggestions how to clear the error or has it stuffed up the Yellow Developer do you think?

Thanks in advance!!