Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chip Ressetting

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Chip Ressetting

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Hi Mitch I have also purchased resetter from bizhub purely for the reason
    of resetting DSQ8/DS2431 chips ,But bizhubs resetter does not reset eprom page (page 1) of these chips !!
    I dont understand how you can say that yours is working ??
    I have been resetting DS2432 chips for a long time with no problems.
    After resetting a DSQ8 and a DS2432 chip the only difference on the chips
    is the F8 FC FF FF etc in page 1 on DSQ8 chip and FF FF FF etc in page 1 on DS2432 chip, Everything else looks the same yet DS2432 works all the time and DSQ8 Does not work??
    Bizhub tells me that eprom page (page 1) does not matter which is Bullshit.
    I can assure you that if you can not fully restore status page of DSQ8 chip then you can forget about resetting this chip!!
    I do know that you can program a new DSQ8 chip from a toner cartridge and use it to work on IU and this does work??
    Reason for this is because Eprom page is already in its reset state (FF FF FF etc) wich proves the above information to be correct!!
    Why are you guys bullshitting everybody else?????
    I dont know what to tell ya brother, we reset chips on a daily basis with Bizhubs resetter and it works great, hell we even reset toner chips from the Imagistics(Oce) machines which allows us to use the Minolta toner and not their proprietary toner. Not sure what your doing wrong but here's my IT guy Bobby's email address, he does all the resetting so you may want to talk to him and get it figured out............. and that's no BULLSHIT! bobbyb@akitacopy.com

abrasax
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Hi Mitch I have also purchased resetter from bizhub purely for the reason
    of resetting DSQ8/DS2431 chips ,But bizhubs resetter does not reset eprom page (page 1) of these chips !!
    I dont understand how you can say that yours is working ??
    I have been resetting DS2432 chips for a long time with no problems.
    After resetting a DSQ8 and a DS2432 chip the only difference on the chips
    is the F8 FC FF FF etc in page 1 on DSQ8 chip and FF FF FF etc in page 1 on DS2432 chip, Everything else looks the same yet DS2432 works all the time and DSQ8 Does not work??
    Bizhub tells me that eprom page (page 1) does not matter which is Bullshit.
    I can assure you that if you can not fully restore status page of DSQ8 chip then you can forget about resetting this chip!!
    I do know that you can program a new DSQ8 chip from a toner cartridge and use it to work on IU and this does work??
    Reason for this is because Eprom page is already in its reset state (FF FF FF etc) wich proves the above information to be correct!!
    Why are you guys bullshitting everybody else?????
    Tell me, whats's the name software who you reseting the DS2432 and read DSQ8 ??? Where is it, when i download ?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Chip Ressetting

Quote Originally Posted by abrasax View Post
    Tell me, whats's the name software who you reseting the DS2432 and read DSQ8 ??? Where is it, when i download ?
    It comes with the resetter and the great part is you can add files for the different brands IU's and toner when you happen to get your hands on them. Downloading the files is not an option as this is developers software and definitely isn't shareware.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub,

I am a little confused as to the capabilities of your device, could you please list all of the Konica/Minolta imaging units that i can reset with it? I am mainly interested in image unit resets on the following machines, but a few others would be helpful:
    c250
    c350
    c351
    c450

thanks in advance,
    907tec

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Chip Ressetting

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    Bizhub,

I am a little confused as to the capabilities of your device, could you please list all of the Konica/Minolta imaging units that i can reset with it? I am mainly interested in image unit resets on the following machines, but a few others would be helpful:
    c250
    c350
    c351
    c450

thanks in advance,
    907tec
    This unit covers the laser based machines 250,252,352,353,451,550,650 for the LED based machines I have a Color Saver unit that both resets the Minolta units as well as any other machines like Kyocera , Imagistics, etc. This thing is pretty cool you can take a konica IU and convert it to a Minolta IU by pushing the button, in essence it makes the IU's for these machines universal by just pushing a button and the whole process takes less than 5 seconds per IU! These things are expensive though they sell for 2k plus but it has paid for itself 100 times over and is by far the best re setter I have seen for the LED machine including the 2001/2002/3102, there so easy a caveman can do it!......... KM has got to hate these guys but then again they shouldn't have you throw IU's away at half their life left which is whats happening, hell even if you have a failure 10k after reset you still have saved a bunch cost wise and added mucho profitability when you consider the entire fleet of machines that you service.

HEY BIZHUB, we are a new start up and can't justify the cost for a resetter. Would you sell reset chips or maybe reset ours (for a charge, of course)? Please let me know
    cisolutions@att.net
    Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Chip Ressetting

Reset your Imaging units from Minolta CF models like CF 2002, 3102, 2001, 1501, Bizhub C 350/351/450 and all the Imagistics, Konica, Develop, Olivetti and OCE models that are like the Minolta CF models.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Chip Ressetting

U can try few combination of short circuit if u are brave enough

p.s.
    myne didn't work

charlie eglinton

resetting Konica 8020 chips

Quote Originally Posted by pepper38_cnd View Post
    Is anyone using the Resetting tool or software from NVRAM? I am using another tool and software that doesn't reset the OEM chips on C250/252/300/352 I would be interested in some feed back on the merits of their device, or even if you would be willing to share with me what you are using. Please email me at nmurphy1@sympatico.ca
    Hi,Neil:
    Thanks for helping out resetting those chips.
    I have some new Minolta cf2002 imaging units (IU). I took out their IU chips and replaced with respective Konica 8020 chips. It appears that the Konica 8020 copier can't recognize the new IU. I thought I could use their IU(ie.Minolta CF2002) provided I have the right chip (ie.Konica 8020).Any tricks? Pls help/comment. Thanks.
    Charlie

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Chip Ressetting

I have never tried changing a cf 2002 IU to a 8020 myself but I would have mad the same assumption as you that only the chip was different. Now what may be happening and this i why I never recommend rechipping a unit more than once is this. The IU have serial numbers stored on the chip the machine knows the last IU serial number that called for replacement, if it was a rechip the next rechip will have the same number and the machine will think you put the old unit back in. What you wanted to do may have worked if you changed unit before it called for the IU. I am only guessing I'm not sure about those units, but I know what I just described does happen on the C300 and C352.
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes