Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mac OS X 10.6 printing to C203. Postscript drive print quality issues on THICK 2

Question Mac OS X 10.6 printing to C203. Postscript drive print quality issues on THICK 2

Hi guys,

Been to see client yesterday, Has Bizhub c203 and mac OS.X 10.6 and 5.4.5 PS driver installed. They print on THICK 2 from bypass. The issue is that is printing mainly balck halftones in a way that it lookes a bit washed, almost as if the fuser was not spreading the toner properly. Almost as if there is not enough toner coverage.

But here is the catch. It WORKS when printing the same pdf through Win XP/Vista/7 - PCL driver, when Quality Tab is set accordingly as below:
    Color settings>Photo
    Image Compression> Best Quality
    Pattern>Fine

Paper Thich 2> Bypass

Question is how to simulate the Image compression and pattern in Postscript driver.

Many Thanks.

PS: Picture below is just to show what settings I used to make it work on PCL dirver( this is in my office, so don't pick on "but you are using 45c-50c driver" OK ) they all generic anyway.

PCL Driver.JPG
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Mac OS X 10.6 printing to C203. Postscript drive print quality issues on THICK 2

Re: Mac OS X 10.6 printing to C203. Postscript drive print quality issues on THICK 2

Unfortunately, the Postscript driver between the Mac and the PC are different. This goes two fold for the PCL driver. We have had a similar issue with one of our customers where we demonstrated the machine using a PC and the PCL driver and then we find out on the install that the customer had switched to Macs.

Basically, the end of the story comes about when we said that you have Macs which use different print systems and you will now have to edit the document to suit the machine.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Red face Re: Mac OS X 10.6 printing to C203. Postscript drive print quality issues on THICK 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Unfortunately, the Postscript driver between the Mac and the PC are different. This goes two fold for the PCL driver. We have had a similar issue with one of our customers where we demonstrated the machine using a PC and the PCL driver and then we find out on the install that the customer had switched to Macs.

Basically, the end of the story comes about when we said that you have Macs which use different print systems and you will now have to edit the document to suit the machine.

Thanks, Owl...make sense..just hoped for something like a special tweak

So will increase of ink ratio in InDesign help? I have not got Mac grrrrr....soo frustrating..I have CS5 Master and no mac...just win...cant test..

Thanks again.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Re: Mac OS X 10.6 printing to C203. Postscript drive print quality issues on THICK 2

Yeah, get the customer to play around with the file and see what happens.

Also get them to try different colour schemes such as CMYK or RGB and stuff like that from their application.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.