Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem with bizhub C253

Hi, everyone. I have KM bizhub c253, and few days ago my printer started to act strangely. First, when I turn the printer I hear some loud noise, and then during printing I hear same noise. In one moment on printer screen appears an error code C3101, and when I open a front door, and close it, that error removes. Also, for couple times on screen appears note that I had to check Waste toner cartridge. Does anybody know what could be a problem?
    Thanks.

Service Manager 250+ Posts ineo+6501's Avatar

Re: Problem with bizhub C253

C3101 is a fusing roller separation failure. Check that there is nothing jammed in the fuser unit.

You may need a new fuser unit.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Problem with bizhub C253

Lightbulb Re: Problem with bizhub C253

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

edit: Also, I notice that about a minute after printing of something, I heard same noise (like some gear stroke some other part) and thats repeated on few minutes, and lest for 1-2 seconds. Does anybody have some idea? There is no more error c-3101, only loud noise, and there is message that I should check Waste toner box, but I assume that this loud noise from printer and this message are in connection...

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Gear grinding noise during printing and warmup and periodically as transfer belt rotates along with check waste toner box means its time to buy a new machine.

Unless you feel like doing the 20+ hour job of removing the obstuction in one of the toner hoppers.

Course, it might not be that, and i hope it isnt ( for your sake!)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Problem with bizhub C253

Fuser retraction motor failure most likely, replace that.Your fuser unit probably might need replacement as well, you will have to physically check it out to determine that. The waste toner is independent of the fusing system and noises you have. Replace or empty out your waste toner bottle.

The sensor for motor retraction is also possibly a suspect part. Check PS38 for proper operation.
    Last edited by blaze2000; 02-17-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: additional info

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

The times ive seen the jammed hopper its from a plastic slug from inside the toner cartrige left in there from manufacturing. Realisticly if proven so, km should be responcible for all of these repairs as thats just piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by ercha85 View Post
    edit: Also, I notice that about a minute after printing of something, I heard same noise (like some gear stroke some other part) and thats repeated on few minutes, and lest for 1-2 seconds. Does anybody have some idea? There is no more error c-3101, only loud noise, and there is message that I should check Waste toner box, but I assume that this loud noise from printer and this message are in connection...
    It sounds like you have some clumpy toner in the toner system, its normally the Yellow & a complete shit to fix. It takes me about 4 to 6 hours I have done 3 so far.

Good luck
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    It sounds like you have some clumpy toner in the toner system, its normally the Yellow & a complete shit to fix. It takes me about 4 to 6 hours I have done 3 so far.

Good luck
    How did you fix it? I am having the same problem right now. I had replaced a yellow toner and it took forever to warm up and then when it finally warmed up, it would make this loud noise in the back door.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Sounds to me that its the transport on the transfer belt. Take out the transfer belt and check the rest toner transport cannal. There should be 3 screws holding one side (metal plate) on and when removed you can see inside to the transport auger. Its probably blocked with clumpy toner...suck it out....replace the cover and try again. 90% sure thats the problem. No biggy. Just my opinion. >Best of luck to ya. Oh and happy holidays to all you tech heads out there in techy land. I got a 3 week holday with beer and my deck come saturday. Wooooohooo!!