Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    bizhub c363 with a c1194

Re: bizhub c363 with a c1194

Nice work!

In class, I was elected to install the new style motor assembly and the rest of the updates. We allocated 1 hour and it took closer to two hours to perform. They cram a lot of mechanics into that little finisher. My classmates cordially invited me to do any updates required on their FS-529 finishers.

I've been lucky so far. I haven't gotten any calls yet.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub c363 with a c1194

I guess I am kind of confused now. while yes I have not fixed one in my shop. I was told that it was a sensor and an actuator problem. or am I thinking of another problem I had on a copier.. lol

brent

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub c363 with a c1194

yep I was confused. I had a problem with the small inner finisher as well. which is what this thread was about. I interjected with a comment about the larger finisher.

the small finisher seems to be a huge big pain as well

brent

We have forbidden our salesman to sell any more of these. They are "pricks" of things. Unfortunately for me, I have become the local expert for them. I end up doing all faults on them. They are virtually impossible to repair in the field. Fortunately, we have a "roving" spare finisher which we use as an exchange unit.
    There are two little white "hangers" that lift up the exit roller. These dislodge & break regularly. Tiny bits of white plastic about the size of your fingernail. $75.00 a pop here in Australia. Absolute bullshit. Then their is the chronic broken lift mechanism. Absolutely everything about these finishers is a pain to replace.
    I hate em, with a passion.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

I have an intermittent 1194'ing fs-529 thats been thrashed within an inch of its life with stapled jobs.

the alignment paddles and stopper guides the code talks about dont even move freely anymore. Once the poor quality grease is contaminated with paper dust it turns into glue and binds everything up.

its impossible to fix in the field, and so far after 1 hour of disassembly and a million pieces everywhere I gave up. I think I'm going to toss it in the garbage..

Such a simple problem is a major pain in the ass to rectify.

***edit

I persisted and got the alignment section out, it comes out as an assembly through the front once the tray and guide are removed and everything around it in the way is removed. Even the wiring is a pain in the ass to get out the way. What a nightmare! Its more for my own curiosity, i will never be doing this again.
    This is now cleaned, lubed and moving as smooth as silk. This is a second generation fs-529 with all the upgrades including the update intake guide assy, its never given any troubles till now so i will give it another chance.
    Last edited by EarthKmTech; 09-19-2012 at 11:19 PM.

We have an FS529 with this problem also, it is intermittent and only seems to happen on 2 position stapling, 1 position is fine. The machine will run for 5/6 copies then error. Has anyone had a similar issue and did you find a resolution?

We don't seem to be able to find any TiB's relating to this, therefore if anyone has any we'd appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

the alignment section on this finisher (FS-529) is notorious for binding up, as per my last post - since then ive done 4 more - the grease on the alignment paddle shaft and frame is rubbish and turns to glue.

you will need to watch the operation - if you can see the side paddles or back stops struggling to move or obstructing the operation of the stapler, well this is your problem.

there is no way around it other than total disassembly from the top down* to remove the alignment section washing out all of the old grease and relubricating it. I've had great success using plasgard grease as it doesnt seem to dry up and all of the ones ive done so far have returned to trouble free service. If it is a first version finisher, i recommend installing all of the jam modification parts at the same time along with the modified lower intake guide with the plastic step that aligns with the black cube on the intake paper stiffening mylar (instead of installing the small mylar under it on 1st verstion guides)

Its expensive but it wont jam anymore, and the stapler and paddles will work (unless i eventually find a better grease)

***If your a dealer its probably easier to throw it in the bin and buy a new finisher, because the buy price for the parts mentioned above + labor will be more than the finisher is worth. And im pretty sure that's deliberate.

*This should not be done in the field as you need a lot of time and space.