Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Black panel LCD Konica MInolta C350 after upgrade

I have a problem with C 350. After uploading a new firmware, mashine dosent work. Lcd panel is black. Mashine working and testing after start, but it' s all. Is there any proced to fix nvram??

random
    The ribbon cable in the control panel of this product is notorious for causing blank screens. This may be coincidence in your case. If the machine boots up and ever thing is normal except for the screen this may be case.

Technician
    today I checked and I Know. I upgrade software for KOnica MInolta Bizhub C252. What have I done !!!!. What should I do now?

Technical Support 100+ Posts Juggy's Avatar
    Try and remove the battery in parameter board and install the battery after few minutes then do a nvm recovery and reload the firmware

Technician
    Where I Find a nvram recovery?? Please send me instruction step by step to e-mail J will be very gratefull.

My e-mail - piotr@xerocenter.pl

thanks

Peter

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I personally would be a little shy on messing with the NVRAM pack. Unless you are prepared for the headache of replacing it. I seem to remember a bulletin about changing firmware in too big of leaps, that for example (and I am just pulling these numbers out of my head) in some cases to upgrade to level 40 the machine must be at at least level 36 or higher. If you try going from say level 30 to 40 the boot sector gets messed and you end up with a dead machine either hour glass, logo, or blank screen. I believe the solution was to go back to the level you started at and upgrade in steps to the level you want to be at. I am checking into this I can't seem to find the bulletin in question. I will check with the other techs at work tomorrow, and get back to you. If you think this doesn't apply to your situation let me know and save me the trouble of searching.

Sorry I just read up farther in the post and see you loaded the wrong machine firmware this usually generates an error. But is usually corrected by simply loading the correct firmware. Have you try to load the proper C350 firmware?

Technician
    Yes, I tryde. When I put in the card flash first time ,on LCD panel flashe "please wait" This massage was display about 45 minute's. Then I off the mashine.

It does not sound like the card is written properly if the machine does not boot from it. Rewrite the card using the firmware imaging tool. Or use a card you know contains good firmware. Note you should never format the card in question if you do you will have to make it ready for firmware again using the CYGWIN utility.

Technician
    I alwasy using CYGWIN utility. The Check SUM i 59E and is Ok. J have another mashine C350 and when I change PWB it working. Change only Nv RAM is do nothing