Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    MFP Tech & I.T. Manager 100+ Posts MFPs R Now PCs's Avatar

Thumbs down No Animation Guide Data Available on bizhub C360

After installing a new hard drive (HDD) on a Konica Minolta bizhub C360 the message “No Animation Guide Data Available, Please Contact Your Administrator” is always displayed with the blinking orange light on the front of the scanner.

I understand the Movie Data File is missing (current firmware required) to help customers with jams by having animated instructions.

But seriously isn’t there just a quick way to disable the warning itself and make the bizhub not monitor that that file is missing off the HDD?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: No Animation Guide Data Available on bizhub C360

If you find a way, let us know...I can't tell you how many techs add, or format a HDD in the field and don't have the movie data with them..additionaly, the newer the MFP the larger the data file..don't want to spend 15 min in a customers office downloading when most never even look at the movie to clear a jam. Emujo

Yeah not sure if there is a way to turn this off i have the same problems too many tech do the old format and not have the movie data on them, the movie data is separate to the firmware do you know how to load the movie data ?

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

companies / techs who choose to work on modern copiers without a laptop are living in the past and need to come into the modern era.

going around with simply a USB key or flash card with pre-written firmware on it is too old school nowadays and should not be relied apon for modern machines.

keeping all firmware files, movie data files and parts/service manuals on a laptop really isnt that hard.

For my company, all techs are provided with laptops, handhelds, access to training, and help from more experianced techs...still, we have some old dinosaurs that refuse to keep up...how can you trouble shoot a print problem if you don't know what a run command is...when I go out with these techs and look over their shoulders I just shake my head when I see "157 new updates are available"..After 15+ years of digital copiers there shouldn't be any more excuses...find a different line of work.Emujo

MFP Tech & I.T. Manager 100+ Posts MFPs R Now PCs's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: No Animation Guide Data Available on bizhub C360

OK, ok sheesh. I have a laptop. I have over 20 Gb in service manuals alone for Sharp, HP, OKI, Ricoh and Konica Minolta (not including user manuals and software). I know how to run a command prompt. I have 0 updates to be installed.

Come on, this is smaller family business competing with the big dogs in town. I am growing our I.T. department with the new "cloud" technologies everybody is migrating to while still helping run the service department. Sometimes I just get busy and when new things come up I've never seen before I resource off all of you fine men and women out there doing the same thing. It's quicker to get the straight shot from you than do the research myself when its a crisis situation. I really appreciate the help on these forums.

Again, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MFPs R Now PCs View Post
    OK, ok sheesh. I have a laptop. I have over 20 Gb in service manuals alone for Sharp, HP, OKI, Ricoh and Konica Minolta (not including user manuals and software). I know how to run a command prompt. I have 0 updates to be installed.

Come on, this is smaller family business competing with the big dogs in town. I am growing our I.T. department with the new "cloud" technologies everybody is migrating to while still helping run the service department. Sometimes I just get busy and when new things come up I've never seen before I resource off all of you fine men and women out there doing the same thing. It's quicker to get the straight shot from you than do the research myself when its a crisis situation. I really appreciate the help on these forums.

Again, Thank you!

Sorry, wasn't directing that at you..general comment..no offense meant..Emujo

Thumbs up Re: No Animation Guide Data Available on bizhub C360

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    If you find a way, let us know...I can't tell you how many techs add, or format a HDD in the field and don't have the movie data with them..additionaly, the newer the MFP the larger the data file..don't want to spend 15 min in a customers office downloading when most never even look at the movie to clear a jam. Emujo
    Quote Originally Posted by MFPs R Now PCs View Post
    After installing a new hard drive (HDD) on a Konica Minolta bizhub C360 the message “No Animation Guide Data Available, Please Contact Your Administrator” is always displayed with the blinking orange light on the front of the scanner.

I understand the Movie Data File is missing (current firmware required) to help customers with jams by having animated instructions.

But seriously isn’t there just a quick way to disable the warning itself and make the bizhub not monitor that that file is missing off the HDD?

this is link reset

is this link for you solution video animation

Technician
    No Animation Guide Data Available on bizhub C360

Where does one get the Animation Data, my company does not have access to the firmware files.
    Our company is required to format the HDD's due to we are a return center for off lease copiers.
    Can i copy it from a other machine of same model and start to build a database of the types we have?

Sorry if this seems novice, I don't have much resources to work from.

Thanks for any help.