Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

bizhub C250 scan to email

Hi, may i know how to set up the scan to email of bizhub C250. The detailed step by step instruction. I have set up the web interface but i think there is something that i have to check in the machine. Thank you very much.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: bizhub C250 scan to email

There is no silver bullet, one size fits all way to configure it. What I mean is that you need to know your email server address and smtp port, you need to have a valid login name and password for that server and know what type of authentication it uses.

When you have this information you should be able to enter it into the correct areas using the web interface on the machine and viola you'll be good to go.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

As Blaze2000 said, there is no "This is how you setup Scan to Email" as every email server is setup differently.

The basics are:

Set the SMTP Server IP address on the copier.

Set the machine email address.

Set an administrator email address.

Those are the basic things, but depending on your email server that you are using to send the emails from the copier, things can be a lot more complicated.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

Thanks for all your reply. I believe it's quite complicated but it can be done right? If someone has already done it then i think can do it also, all i have to do is ask ...and hopefully get a good and right answer I'm determined to know how thing thing works.
    May i know what is SMTP Server IP Address? is that the IP address of my service provider or the IP of my computer? About the machine email address and administrator email address, should it be a working or active email address or i just type any email add on the machine?

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    May i know what is SMTP Server IP Address? is that the IP address of my service provider or the IP of my computer? About the machine email address and administrator email address, should it be a working or active email address or i just type any email add on the machine?
    Easiest thing to do is find someone that already has their email setup on their computer at the same office, copy the account settings (username, password, smtp server, port number) and put those in the BizHub. Alot of times if the SMTP server is not on the same subnet(meaning its not physically sitting inside the same building on the same network as the bizhub) it will require pop authentication before smtp.
    Also if you're not putting in an IP address for the SMTP, and you're using hostname(smtp.gmail.com), make sure your IP settings in the machine include the correct DNS server IP addresses so it can resolve host name.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Simply put, the SMTP Server IP address is the IP address of the Email server that is going to send / relay the emails from the copier.

Depending on the email server, your email addresses might have to be registered real addresses or they might not be.

If you are lost with any of this, then I would strongly suggest that you get someone in that knows what they are doing to go through all of this with you. There are too many ifs and buts, especially if you are trying to use a server that requires authentication and TLS.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Here's how to configure a YAHOO mail account for scan to email

First you need to have a valid yahoo email account whatever_youraddyis@yahoo.com
    Then you need to make sure the copier has the following programmed into it
    Under network settings
    IP address-
    DNS server address(obtained by doing an IPCONFIG/ALL on a local PC where your configuring your scan to email
    Under Administrator Registration
    Admin Registration-enter a valid "from" email address here whatever_youraddyis@yahoo.com (it's best to use the same one you want to scan to, to eliminate problems-you can change this afterwards to something else)
    Under Email Settings
    Configure your SMTP server(either IP address of server or the server name- smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Configure port-default is 25 but yahoo uses SSL which uses port 465
    So turn on SSL and configure port for 465
    Next touch detail settings(bottom left on display)
    here you will put your email account info so.... whatever_addyis@yahoo.com and then your password to log in to that account

And you should be able to scan to yahoo email accounts. Of course like everyone else mentioned, all this info changes for different email domains. All depends on how the person configured the email domain. Most of the large email accounts (google, hotmail, live) have their SMTP info posted on the internet.
    Hope this helps......have fun!
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others