Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AA=dead fiery?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AA=dead fiery?

Re: AA=dead fiery?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1ncred1ble View Post
    I've got a IC-413 (Fiery E100 70-60C-KM) connected to a C6000 with about 63000 prints on it. The machine control panel initially displays a message that the "controller is not connected" and the LED on the fiery displays AA after starting up. I have replaced HDD and RAM but when i follow the service manual exactly and install system software via USB or LAN I get 02 on the LED display and it stays like that for more than an hour. Next step is to replace the mobo, has anyone seen and resolved this issue? Also, is there a list or chart depicting what the LED codes actually mean? I did a forum search for IC-413, the panel message, and the LED codes and got nothing, thanks in advance.
    Its an old thread but since ive done this thing A LOT of times i thought i could give some insight to some of the questions.AA mostly occurs when the controller is not properly shutted down(on machine panel Controller->Shut down Fiery) or in some times from power shortages!When you install the software over the old one it takes about 30 mins to complete then u have to shut down and restart(i even wrote a different manual for myself on how to do it cuz with sm sometimes it would still get stuck on AA).when u first open the machine it will run circles of numbers from 01 to 03 with 03 taking the longest,40mins sometimes(its decompressing the files u installed on it) which takes some time(in some machines it takes more time than others,dont rly know why.)I only had once an issue when it would still stay at AA after 3 hours of toying with it and i had to change the hd.Hope i helped anyone(and correct me if i said anything wrong lol ).

Technician

I just had this problem pop up today. I tried to reload system software from the disk that came with the fiery but i get a vbs script error right away. I also tried to load it to a thumb drive useing the USB utilite but it goes from 30 min to several hours then gives an error. I am pretty sure it is a bad file on the disk. Has any one else seen this with the disks that come with it? I ordered a new cd from Kmbs but it's on back order till the end of the month. Does any one know if I could get it directly from EFI? Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

most often the hdd on these fireys. best to find a good working unit and image the drive. if you replace the hdd and intend loading system code to it, make sure there are no partitions on it.

Technician

I have discovered that the problem loading the system software was with my laptop not the disk. In my case the AA is probably not a bad HDD because I can remote into the Fiery and windows has booted but the Fiery software is not loading. It had a message about a corrupt file.

iduno2much

There are 2 Fiery patches that can help with AA codes. Install them after you get it up and running.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by iduno2much View Post
    There are 2 Fiery patches that can help with AA codes. Install them after you get it up and running.
    Thanks, I had found them. I think the customer caused this problem. there computer was locking up so they were rebooting the fiery and the machine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Issac-brock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    Its an old thread but since ive done this thing A LOT of times i thought i could give some insight to some of the questions.AA mostly occurs when the controller is not properly shutted down(on machine panel Controller->Shut down Fiery) or in some times from power shortages!When you install the software over the old one it takes about 30 mins to complete then u have to shut down and restart(i even wrote a different manual for myself on how to do it cuz with sm sometimes it would still get stuck on AA).when u first open the machine it will run circles of numbers from 01 to 03 with 03 taking the longest,40mins sometimes(its decompressing the files u installed on it) which takes some time(in some machines it takes more time than others,dont rly know why.)I only had once an issue when it would still stay at AA after 3 hours of toying with it and i had to change the hd.Hope i helped anyone(and correct me if i said anything wrong lol ).
    Very helpful, manual is lacking as usual. I had installed a new HDD and OS but after many reboots and lockups it is at AA....reinstalling now. Still on 03 but I'm sure it will be OK. Some kind of network issues and old HDD/OS would not work except on DHCP which is not the same subnet it is supposed to be on. Setting IP static works but machine cannot be seen from the subnet their PC's are on....odd stuff. Also the Config button in CMD WS says to enable web tools however they are enabled, thus the reload.

Hehe. I use these fiery boxes for linux pc's. It shows AA if its booted and running. Could be the the interface card or software.
    Whatever

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello all,
    I have the same problem, I have finished the new installation of the fiery system software using an usb stick. But when I try to restatrt the fiery I'v got 9A error code or message code on the LED I was wondering if someone can tell me the signification of each code shoed n the led panel. Or at least if someone can telle me what does it mean.
    Thanks a lot

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    AA=dead fiery?

Flip the 2 dip switches and do it via network cable into the copier port instead.
    Never liked or trusted the usb method.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.