Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Scheduled inspection device bizhub 363

Message "It is time for the scheduled inspection of the device" displayed on bizhub 363's panel. But no problem for copying, printing & scanning function. Anyone have experience with this problem? What should I do?
    Thank you for any solution.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scheduled inspection device bizhub 363

Lightbulb Re: Scheduled inspection device bizhub 363

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Scheduled inspection device bizhub 363

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com
    There is no explanation for this issue in service manual.

Partner in crime 100+ Posts Avskrap's Avatar

Check the life counters for the parts. Order a PM kit. Change the parts in the PM kit, then proceed to reset these counters in the service mode. Inspect the fuser, if it's close to it's PM interval you might as well order a cleaning web assy and change it.
    Just remember to reset everything you change in the machine or you'll never get rid of the message.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

when you replace the "paper dust filter" which is in the drum kit, dont forget to reset it...or you will have an "L4" code
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

i presume this is a taken over machine sold from another company or rebirthed

that message comes up because someone has programmed the maintenance counter. just reset it and disable it.

In my experience this counters only used by company's trying to offer the illusion of value for money for contract customers by performing "preventative maintenance" ie, making the technicians feel like glorified toilet cleaners going around cleaning photocopiers all day.

If rollers etc are cleaned or replaced on parts replacement calls and the machine given a general clean, there's no difference to the machines reliability anyway. Its just a total load of wank (unless your talking about the set PM cycle machines, which yes,they should be done as per the book)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PerthKMTECH View Post
    i presume this is a taken over machine sold from another company or rebirthed

that message comes up because someone has programmed the maintenance counter. just reset it and disable it.

In my experience this counters only used by company's trying to offer the illusion of value for money for contract customers by performing "preventative maintenance" ie, making the technicians feel like glorified toilet cleaners going around cleaning photocopiers all day.

If rollers etc are cleaned or replaced on parts replacement calls and the machine given a general clean, there's no difference to the machines reliability anyway. Its just a total load of wank (unless your talking about the set PM cycle machines, which yes,they should be done as per the book)
    Unfortunately your presume is Wrong. That's a brand new machine (not taken over machine) and I forgot that I've ever programmed the maintenance counter just for a test. I missed it.

To Make this message go away you have to go to
    service mode
    Counter
    Maintenance
    Touch maint. - count and then c(keypad)
    End
    Exit

And congraratz... The message is gone.