Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C252P - bypass tray won't open - stuck

after all this, I think you will find the total cost of the exercise is going to be far greater than the cost of a new transfer belt.

the right side door here retails for about $200, bare that in mind before letting the tech spend hours and hours trying to free the door, if its getting to 45min mark just get them to break the door and replace it. (get a quote on the door assembly first, it may be so cheap there that its not even worth the effort)

1 hour should be more than sufficient to change the door, though I've done a few before due to the suction fan becoming noisy.

make sure the duplex unit is removed safely before destroying the door.

reparrent

Quote Originally Posted by reparrent View Post
    I had been working on the transfer unit fuse, which is accessible by opening the bypass tray. I needed to get a new fuse, so I closed the tray (lifted it up and latched it in the closed position). I came back with the new fuse and found that, although I pull up on the lever to the left of the bp tray, the tray is stuck on the right side and will not open.

What latch or hook is used to keep the right side in place? How iis it accessible? I could use a diagram of the internals of the tray latch mechanism if anyone might has that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Ross Parrent
    Thanks all. I guess I need to pull out the long bladed nail puller.. Hah!

reparrent

Thanks to all for your responses.

I finally pulled out my carpenters pry-bar - about 1.25" wide and a foot long. This gave me the leverage to get the door open again. The right and catch had been bent forward during opening the door, but was likely put slightly out of position when removing the Transfer Unit Belt the first time. That slight position displacement was enough to keep the right hand latch from releasing. I couldn't see it in the manual or the exploded diagram of the door - I have pics if anyone is interested.

I had to remove the fuser to gain access to the catch and bend it back into position. All that is corrected now. I replaced the fuser and all the rest of the assemblies I had worked with to gain access to that latch - and narry a single screw left over :-)

So I powered it up, plugged in the lan cable, and boom! Here came the documents in queue - from some two months back or whenever I started this thread!

BUT!!! - The output is verrrrrrrrry faint (although well fused - no smudges), and the display indicates:
    "Machine Status 27/ / / / /"

The manual I purchased from JustManuals.com offered earlier in this thread tells me "P-27 - 2nd Image Transfer ATVC Failure. An abnormal average value is detected during an adjustment to the second image transfer ATVC value."

I haven't a clue what to check next to resolve this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
    Ross

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C252P - bypass tray won't open - stuck

Quote Originally Posted by reparrent View Post
    The manual I purchased from JustManuals.com offered earlier in this thread tells me "P-27 - 2nd Image Transfer ATVC Failure. An abnormal average value is detected during an adjustment to the second image transfer ATVC value."
    If the machine didn't have that problem before, then most likely the door isn't closing properly or there's some kind of problem with the door contacts.

The 2nd transfer is done with the black "sponge" roller on the door - check for any bent contacts. Try to take a couple of prints while pushing the door with your hand to see if it helps - if it does, then the door isn't properly closed.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Had this happen at training school. Someone locked the door up, without putting the transfer belt screws in. Then ensued an hour or two of hilarity as students & instructor proceeded to remove the door. It's amazing how much six different people with six different ideas can "stuff up" a brand new copier.