Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    reparrent

Bizhub C252P - bypass tray won't open - stuck

I had been working on the transfer unit fuse, which is accessible by opening the bypass tray. I needed to get a new fuse, so I closed the tray (lifted it up and latched it in the closed position). I came back with the new fuse and found that, although I pull up on the lever to the left of the bp tray, the tray is stuck on the right side and will not open.

What latch or hook is used to keep the right side in place? How iis it accessible? I could use a diagram of the internals of the tray latch mechanism if anyone might has that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Ross Parrent

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C252P - bypass tray won't open - stuck

if youve closed the right side door with the transfer belt unscrewed your in big trouble.

you may be able to move the belt back into position to allow the door to open if you remove all the imaging units and waste toner box and maneuver it from there.

reparrent

[QUOTE=PerthKMTECH;294268]if youve closed the right side door with the transfer belt unscrewed your in big trouble.

No, thankfully, I had replaced the transfer unit screws, so as not to lose them or forget where they belong ! That said, is the remainder of your suggestion still the only way around the problem?
    thanks!

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Ummmm, if the locks are screwed in and the belts not installed it may not be able to go in enough to let the rear door claw clear the transfer belt handle.

Good luck my friend.

Worst case scenario uf u cant get the belt to budge you will have to break and replace the complete rhs door unless you can find another way of releasing the hook without destroying it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Exclamation Re: Bizhub C252P - bypass tray won't open - stuck

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hi! Can't remember the model, perhaps it was a C351, probably a C250 but the scenario was the same of yours..You have to pull, the door, probably the plastic hooks are in a stuck position. Dont mind, is very difficult to break something . Good luck! bizhub_c252_Right _door.pdf
    ... In the minute that you're thinking of giving up, think about why you lasted so long ...

reparrent

Quote Originally Posted by acusso1234 View Post
    Hi! Can't remember the model, perhaps it was a C351, probably a C250 but the scenario was the same of yours..You have to pull, the door, probably the plastic hooks are in a stuck position. Dont mind, is very difficult to break something . Good luck! bizhub_c252_Right _door.pdf
    Thanks for your reply. I don't have much continuity in the time I can work on this issue. I appreciate your thought that "it is very difficult to break something", cause I can't get this door to budge. The left side has the lever pull to unlatch it, but it is stuck on the right side. I can pull on it from the top, but it appears there is something holding it. See the attached photo where there is distortion on the side (red circle) when I pull on the top of the door.

I am a bit timid about really jerking it, but it would seem there should be some access to free whatever "plastic hook" might have caught. I can poke a screw driver in there and move a couple of white plastic things, but it doesn't really free the sticking.

Is it possible to remove the large block shaped cover to gain access? I have pulled the screws from top and bottom (one circled in blue) and it is quite loose, but there seems to be something keeping it from coming off. I am curious that with the cover off I might find access to the clip or fastener that is catching the door.
    BizhubPullingOpen.jpg
    Thanks for your help.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

you are going to have to remove the covers on each side of the RHS Door.
    this will make it easier to gain access to the latches.
    What you have to do is gain enough room to slip a long thin screwdriver in there and move the latch down.
    one of my previous techs did this on the same model machine.
    its going to take some time and patience, but it is possible to do.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

reparrent

Anybody in the Denver Area that would be able to come take a look at this? I feel that if I knew where to find the latch / hook then I might be able to get to it. It's pretty much disassembled at this point and I don't know anything more than I did before I took it apart.

This would be billable time. My contract w KM is long expired. Please call 303-588-7219 if you can come over.

Thanks,
    Ross

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reparrent View Post
    Anybody in the Denver Area that would be able to come take a look at this? I feel that if I knew where to find the latch / hook then I might be able to get to it. It's pretty much disassembled at this point and I don't know anything more than I did before I took it apart.

This would be billable time. My contract w KM is long expired. Please call 303-588-7219 if you can come over.

Thanks,
    Ross
    Happened to me once - had to force it to open, pull as hard as I could. Luckily it opened without breaking anything, although I was already counting on replacing at least the door claws, if not the entire door itself.

Most probably the tech will have to do the same and, if anything breaks, bill it anyway because you caused the entire problem. Good luck!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!