Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C450 Corona cleaning

Hi, I want to clean coronas on 4 drums, could any1 pass me part of SM that includes separation of drum? and also, i wonder , how to get transfer belt out?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: C450 Corona cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley27 View Post
    Hi, I want to clean coronas on 4 drums, could any1 pass me part of SM that includes separation of drum? and also, i wonder , how to get transfer belt out?
    It's not in the manual because it's not ment to come apart. I've had (very little luck) of using a q-tip to clean the corona's but I wouldn't recommend it as you'll get the little pieces of cotton left on the scortron. Maybe try a lint free cleaning pad that you can get in there, would be my suggestion.
    Good luck
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ye, I get it, but what could cause color mixing on copies, for example, if i print 10 papers with blue sign on it, on some papers it will be blue, on some green/blue, on some green etc...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

EDIT !

How do I take transfer belt out for cleaning?

Open right side door....two screws. one on each side........
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    C450 Corona cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsHot View Post
    Open right side door....two screws. one on each side........
    After that, open the left side door, take out the waste toner bottle and pull the transfer belt out.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Ive been tempted to insert compressed air into the slot under the coronas where the ozone is drawn out - may make a hell of a mess but i bet it would clean them good enough.

i have dismantled and cleaned c250 imaging unit coronas when they were white banding at the edges (no developer loss) and couldn't be bothered going to get replacements. It does work but its alot of effort.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

''Ive been tempted to insert compressed air into the slot under the coronas where the ozone is drawn out - may make a hell of a mess but i bet it would clean them good enough.''

You mean secondary corona inside machine? ( not the one's on IU) , where exactly are they located,and how to reach them? ''under the coronas where the ozone is drawn out'', i dont understand this well, picture perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by PerthKMTECH View Post
    Ive been tempted to insert compressed air into the slot under the coronas where the ozone is drawn out - may make a hell of a mess but i bet it would clean them good enough.

i have dismantled and cleaned c250 imaging unit coronas when they were white banding at the edges (no developer loss) and couldn't be bothered going to get replacements. It does work but its alot of effort.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did it , but it doesnt want to go out, also some white plastic fell down, and I cant get it back.. :O ..

There are 2 screws, one holding from front side, and one securing from inside side's..

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    After that, open the left side door, take out the waste toner bottle and pull the transfer belt out.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    C450 Corona cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley27 View Post
    I did it , but it doesnt want to go out, also some white plastic fell down, and I cant get it back.. :O ..

There are 2 screws, one holding from front side, and one securing from inside side's..
    Yes, as SmellsHot said, you need to remove those screws. That's why I wrote "After that" following SmellsHot post.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!