Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    bizhub c451 wrinkling trail side of letter

Re: bizhub c451 wrinkling trail side of letter

I had a very similar problems today. Letter, either direction, trail 2/3 of page wavy, almost looks as if it was soaking wet when it went in the fuser.

Followed this: NotFound

Wasn't smart enough to mark the Paper Exit Bearing (p/n A00J 2321 00) before I disassembled, but based on wear patterns I think I turned it around. Problem gone. Did turning the bearing around fix it or the old take it apart and but it back together?

Technician

That triangle wheel actuates the rotation sensor, because this fuser uses induction heater instead of a halogen lamp. The sensor lets the machine know the fuser is turning, otherwise it would melt the fuser rollers. Also in case you didn't know the fuser is always rotating unless it is in energy save mode. I always set the energy save to 10 minutes due to saving wear and tear on all moving parts, most of which are plastic. NOTHING BUT THE BEST!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub c451 wrinkling trail side of letter

problem returned with wrinkling so I will go tear out the fuser drive and check it. Machine has less than 100k on it. Very strange it would fail so fast!

Is there any possible way to reduce the "clacking" sound of that actuator from the triangle wheel? Drives client crazy.

Thanks all.

Kelly

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

It's not the fuser, it's the ejection gear/drive belt...little assembly that drives the ejection rollers...held on by 3 screws and has a 6" belt that turns the eject rollers..It is either installed incorrectly, or one of the gears has started to wear out its hub...it turns to slowly and the fuser pushes the paper foward faster than it can pass the paper to the bridge...results in "accordian style" waves on trail edge of paper. The whole assy is available as a part. Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    Try adjusting the fuser speed
    how do you reduce the fuser speed? i have a c552 that creases parallel with the paper path. once in a while... shoudl i reduce the pressure on one side? how do you adjust the fuser speed?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

it is so intermittent.. its kinda hard to trouble shoot.. No accordian.. just a crease in the middle of the page.