Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mikehub280

iu chips

$15 a chip? I have a car load full of them for all my ranges. I should sell them for $7 and undercut the big guys muhahaha

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mailderrick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchl View Post
    Yo Gateway understand this!................. There is no mode in the machine that will reset the IU count........PERIOD. You either need to install a new IU or the NVRAM chip must be cleared and reloaded, ie: RESET! Buy a re setter or reset chips(check Ebay) or a new IU, take your pick!
    Yo mitchl you are only half correct. There is not mode tha twill reset the IU count yes! BUT !!!! you can change IU life from stop to continue

Quote Originally Posted by halia_merah View Post
    try this one friends...but i dont know it works or not.but for the machine C 250/252 it's work.but the display to change I.U still there.

"Utility - Detail - Stop - 0 - 0 - Stop - 0 - 1.When it's display service mode ,enter Stop - 0 - Clear.Highlight Imaging unit counter, change stop to no stop."

the Imaging Unit still can be use untill the print get worse.But the display to change Imaging Unit still appeared.

i did it on bizhub c450 and it's working thx

Technician
    hi, you will get chip reset unit. It will cost you 450/500 euros. With that you can reset the chipes by loading with the software dump provided by the supplier. Or you will get the programmed chips readily available. When you are ordering these chips, you must tell them whether your m/c is us m/c or uk m/c or german mahine because the software in the chips are different for above countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehub280 View Post
    $15 a chip? I have a car load full of them for all my ranges. I should sell them for $7 and undercut the big guys muhahaha
    you should...and i will be there to buy some!

IU life continue : this is the best way to do it. by rechipping you are taking risks that putting a new voltage to an old iu ..could cause color mismtch,grainy prints,and possibly even overtoning

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mailderrick View Post
    IU life continue : this is the best way to do it. by rechipping you are taking risks that putting a new voltage to an old iu ..could cause color mismtch,grainy prints,and possibly even overtoning
    I have been using the same for 2 cycles and did not have any problem with the color matching. YOu can continue the IU units life by normal way (as already mentioned by other members) but if you are using the FIERY, it will not work. i.e. fiery will ask you to replace the imaging units. IF you do not have A FIERY, it will work.