Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    rcracer

bizhub 282 drum & developer counter reset?

Just got back into the copier/mfp repair after being away for 25 years. The company sent me to Ricoh training and then left me on my own. I have a K/M Bizhub 282 that needs the drum and developer replaced. I was told to open the right door, hit the counter/utility button, then enter "stop,0,0,stop,0,1" and input all zero's when it called for a password. All it did was beep at me and it never got to the password screen. I guess my instructions were wrong so I joined this site to see if anybody would help me out. The mechanical part looks easy but I don't know how to reset the counters.

Thanks.

Re: bizhub 282 drum & developer counter reset?

same as Bizhub 250

rcracer

Forgot to mention, this is the first Konica/Minolta I have worked on. I don't have any idea what the service codes are on any model.

rcracer

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I recommend that you purchase a manual. It's like showing up at a service call without your tool bag.

"Oops! I don't know anything about your machine and didn't bring a manual." =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Toli

Utility button stop/00/stop/01 the password is 00000000
    with arrow key go to function then with arrow key go to ATDC Gain pres start and wait until the machin stop working.
    turn of machine then turn on and machine should work.

Copy quality issues or just calling for PC drum exchange? If the latter, go into service mode(utlity/counter button, detail, stop,0,0,stop,0,1 then all 0's and end) Go to software switch 418 change bit 3(the fartherst right "1") and change that to a 0. This shuts off the "pc drum" message. If it's copy quality, then...
    Go into service mode with door closed, counter, clear drum/dev counter. shut off machine. replace drum/developer Install drum into machine. Go back into service mode, check to make sure the counters reset(if they didn't..open right side door and clear counters again) Go into function and run F8. Wait for that to finish and test. That should do the trick
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Now the trick is that if you only reset counters without actually changing the consumable you might end up with a developer ratio code, sooner or later... It's up to you to choose...
    Anyway, you should get some service manuals for the machines you're working on.

rcracer

The instructions I had left out the "details" button. That's why I could not get it to work. Keyed in the correct code and reset the counter. I also replaced the drum and developer and did the F8 function. Machine is working like it should. I was told by the project manager that all the canon and konica/minolta machines will be replaced soon. Go figure!

Thanks for all your help.
    rcracer