Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Konica Firmware Imaging Toolkit SUCKS

Get the card from KM if they are not on back order until 2022. I waited 3 months for one. After 3 different cards, both methods, and zero success, it was a welcome relief when the card finally came. Tech support stated that formatting the card using Windows would not work. However, they also told me that I needed a larger card than 256mb even though the service manual AND service solutions stated otherwise so who the hell knows.....

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Konica Firmware Imaging Toolkit SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Get the card from KM if they are not on back order until 2022. I waited 3 months for one. After 3 different cards, both methods, and zero success, it was a welcome relief when the card finally came. Tech support stated that formatting the card using Windows would not work. However, they also told me that I needed a larger card than 256mb even though the service manual AND service solutions stated otherwise so who the hell knows.....

Although I don't think I've updated every KM machine known to man, I've got along fine so far with a 128Mb card, so...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

. I've also never had issues formatting them and then using them in a digital camera and then going back to use as a firmware card. dont know what all the fuss is all about.[/QUOTE]

That might be the trick...if your camera uses VXWorks then the card is formatted properly when you use it...I have had to fix dozens of cards tech use with B&W mfps then try to use it in a color box...I use the hex editor tool to write 0's to the card, then I pop the card into my CF reader and slide it into my Win7 laptop...IF it comes up with "not formatted, do you want to do so now" message, then I know all is well and the card can be used with the firmware toolkit. It all has to do with the format on the card...Formating it in Windows will make the card "Blank", but the windows format is still present...writing all 0's removes any format and makes the card essentially "Out of the box new". Emujo

copiertech 500+ Posts

I have tried a 512mb CF card and had it rejected by the copiers. 128mb is all I have ever really needed to update any machine from BH350 to C353.. I think KonMin recommends no larger than 256mb.
    Hope this helps.
    Darren

I just ordered a SanDisk Ultra II 256mb card, should be here tomorrow.
    Im hoping it's just the cards i've been using. We have a c352 high mileage machine with a busted fuser drive that I'm using as a test machine so i dont brick my customers machine if something goes wrong.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b3p0 View Post
    I just ordered a SanDisk Ultra II 256mb card, should be here tomorrow.
    Im hoping it's just the cards i've been using. We have a c352 high mileage machine with a busted fuser drive that I'm using as a test machine so i dont brick my customers machine if something goes wrong.
    There shouldn't be a bricked machine by experimenting on CF cards, but it's good to be on the safe side anyway.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Welp, card arrived. Loaded up the firmware and stuck it in the machine. Machine actually took it! However. ... after turning the machine on i see that the firmware version shown in tech mode doesnt match, but the checksum does. Thought maybe i got the wrong file, so i wrote zeros and used FIU again to write the firmware. Machine took it (downloading ....) powered it up and it shows the same thing.
    So I thought maybe I have a bad file. I have another firmware that is actually more recent that I wanted to try. Wrote zeros, FIU the firmware onto the card all checks out good. Popped it in the machine and "Card error, please make sure the card." - Re-did this process about 15 different ways using FIU, cygwin, different card reader, different PC, it always is able to format and write the firmware, but the machine just wont take the card.
    I'm ordering another card as of now.
    At least it doesn't say "PC load-Letter"

copiertech 500+ Posts

The card should only be formatted with the Firmware Imaging Toolkit, not by right clicking and formatting it that way.
    As long as the checksum is correct the firmware has been written properly.
    Darren

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

On most firmware there is an adobe file that will tell you which files have been updated or list all with what you will see in service mode.
    I have seen a few updates that only update one or two files and did not look like it updated correctly until I compared to the pdf file.
    I do not think that the c352 was one of the affected machines by the disaster that hit japan a couple of years ago. They changed a few processors and not all the firmware worked on all machines. If it was then that is why the newer firmware failed. It was written for the new processor and not the older one. Try writing the first one again and see if it takes.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Also, depending on how old the original firmware was can also give funny results.

You should always make sure that you load the machine from Phase 1 to Phase 2 and then to Phase 3. Never Phase 1 to Phase 3 as the Phase 3 firmware assumes that you have already loaded Phase 2 which contains fixes that Phase 3 doesn't but remain with the machine once the firmware been installed once.

Remember to also do your HDD Version Up procedures.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.