Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Konica Firmware Imaging Toolkit SUCKS

SO what is the deal. I've used 6 different CF cards, formatted, used a Hex Editor and zeroed out the cards, Write the firmware sucesfully on 2 of them. Every time i put the card in the machine it says "card error, please check the"

I've DL'd the firmware file from 2 different places.

I have a C352 giving me a C1183. Trying to get firmware for the FS-514 updated.
    9J08-F050-G00-07-000_CHECKSUM-6881_Finisher

Ready to set the thing on fire.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: Konica Firmware Imaging Toolkit SUCKS

Ummm try another cf card? Seems pretty logical to me
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Are your CF cards on any of the "Doesn't Work" list of this thread? It's far from being a comprehensive list, but it's a start.

Also, did you try to use Cygwin instead of the Imaging Toolkit? Could solve your problem...

Also, what "2 different places" were those? Appart from the official sources, there aren't many places that can claim to have genuine working firmwares - and they're usually paying sites. So if it was a free download from a non-official source (this usually doesn't include techs willing to help), then you're probably one step away from turning your machine into an expensive brick.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Thanks for the link. Yes One of the cards is a Toshiba 128, One is an IOdata 256, and the other is a Mr Flash 128.
    All of them I can write and validate the firmware using the tool, but cant get the machine take the card.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b3p0 View Post
    Thanks for the link. Yes One of the cards is a Toshiba 128, One is an IOdata 256, and the other is a Mr Flash 128.
    All of them I can write and validate the firmware using the tool, but cant get the machine take the card.
    I wouldn't trust the program's validation - I believe it only checks the CRC and nothing more. If the machine doesn't like your card, there's nothing you can do but try with another card. I found out it's way easier to make kids eat their spinach than convincing one of those machines that your card is good enough...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Also, what "2 different places"
    One was from the KM dealer site back in the day when we were still a dealer, it's been saved here on our server for about 6 years. Another is from a friend that is still a dealer in our state, just DL'd it from KM last week and gave it to me. I figured over time maybe something happened to the file and asked him to give me a fresh copy when mine wasn't working.

I don't have the Konica version of CYGwin to try it with. Does the freeware version work for KM firmwares?

Sounds like I need to source some better CF cards to try this with maybe ?

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

try contacting Konica Minolta Tech support again and ask if there is a way of formatting your Cf-card in the machine.
    I seem to recall one of my instructors mentioning something about it. I tried with many different programs to format the cards for firmware updates.
    had the same issue with them as you are having, I got lucky with an old cf-card and it worked.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Doh!! Foot in mouth, i just re-read your post. Ive had a prob with the reader i was using once. Try a new one.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

make sure some dumbass hasnt bent pins in the cf slot in the back of the machine, have seen this before and if certain pins are shorted against each other firmware wont ever even be accepted via internet isw either and the mfp board requires replacement. (even after straightening the pins)

ive been working on these machine for 6 years now and never once had a problem with fw imaging tool kit. half of my cards are falling to pieces and don't even have the metal covers anymore and still work perfectly. I've also never had issues formatting them and then using them in a digital camera and then going back to use as a firmware card. dont know what all the fuss is all about.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

You will probably find that there isn't an issue with your CF Cards, Card Reader or Firmware Imaging Toolkit.

The problem is normally the read / write speed at which your cards work at. The Konica Minolta MFD's are extremely picky as to if they will talk to a CF Card as the CF Card must work at a specific speed or the machine just won't recognise it.

Your best bet is to buy a CF Card from Konica Minolta and be done with it.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.