Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

C452 power issue

power turns off instantly when front door is closed, as if someones turned off the main switch.

will do the same thing if the side door is left open or closed.

new dcpu, new prcb, new mfp board no difference.

removed fusing unit, disconnected ihpu totally, no difference.
    no accessories connected, no adf connected, even disconnected the scanner. no difference, same symptom.

machine will start up ok with front door open and no errors logged, as soon as the front door is closed at any stage, instantly off, no 5v no 24v no nothing.

turning off main sw and restarting it gets it going again. something is dead shorting somewhere..

machine is 1 month old.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

Re: C452 power issue

was this machine like this when it was installed?
    sounds like you have a short some where in the wiring.
    have you been in contact with tech support?
    what is the replacement warranty?
    have you checked all the connectors to the switches in the doors?
    sounds like a candidate for manufacturer replacement.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

machine was perfect up until last weekend.

come Monday when people come back to work, dead. I wouldn't be surprised if a little bit of lightning may of been involved.

all switches and their connectors checked out ok with a multimeter, no shorts.

we are the manufacturer, a loan machine is going in and we're going to try to get to the bottom of this one, ill imagine if we cant it'll get written off.

one thing i noticed was the AC voltage out of the wall was a little high @ 250V (240V region) once the machine gets back to our workshop, if it works, that's probably a possibility.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C452 power issue

There are certainly plenty of other power related problems, but variations of less than 10% VAC usually aren't a problem. 4.16% is relatively clean. It wouldn't hurt to see what the power quality analyzer records.

I think the way that I would approach this, is to remove the back cover. With the front door open and power "up" I'd check all the DC Power Supply outputs. Then I'd close the door and make the same checks. What changes? Which pins lose voltage, and by how much? Are there any error codes stored?

The manual won't be much help to you. You can read output values right off the DCPS.

I've spent quite a bit of time on a similar issue. The main thing that I learned is that the PRCB enables each of the DC voltages on the DCPS. I started by replacing the DCPS and got the exact same outputs. When I replaced the PRCB the voltages came back at the DCPS, but the particular motor still didn't run.

Let us know what you discover. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    power turns off instantly when front door is closed, as if someones turned off the main switch.

will do the same thing if the side door is left open or closed.

new dcpu, new prcb, new mfp board no difference.

removed fusing unit, disconnected ihpu totally, no difference.
    no accessories connected, no adf connected, even disconnected the scanner. no difference, same symptom.

machine will start up ok with front door open and no errors logged, as soon as the front door is closed at any stage, instantly off, no 5v no 24v no nothing.

turning off main sw and restarting it gets it going again. something is dead shorting somewhere..

machine is 1 month old.
    Were you able to get to the root of the issue, I have a machine with the same issue; change DCPU, IHPU, MFPB. No luck

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Look at the wiring diagram for the C452, I think it is fuser related, but can't swear to it..The main switch can be turned off by a electrical issue here..The typical short/ground will trip the breaker, but only 1 or 2 items will throw that main switch..Going from memory as I don't have access to these old SM any longer. E

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Bad sub-power switch?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Bad sub-power switch?
    Is this a question

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Yeah, did you check it?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Yeah, did you check it?
    The sub power switch on the right side of the screen(control console)? If yes, the switch is turned on after turning on the main switch. If the front, side or any other door is kept open the machine will be ON, but switch off completely immediately all doors are shut. I will try replacing the screen(control console) to see if it makes any difference