Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question bizhub C450 - strange printing issues

Hello!
    I'm new here, so hope this is the correct place to ask my question. I own a small business and have the C450. My husband owns a printing company so he knows a lot about various machines, but doesn't seem to have an answer for me on this issue...and I suppose doesn't have the time to look into it. Admittedly, the issues are somewhat sporadic and hard to fully describe/define, but let me try...

The basics:
    -bizhub C450 with Fiery X3eTY 35C-KM PS v2.01
    -Computer is running on Windows 7
    -Under Konica Properties > About, it states:
    ---efi Driver Version 2.01
    ---Driver Version 6.1.7601.17514
    ---User Interface Version 3.1.173.0
    (If there's more info that would be relevant, let me know and I'll try to find it)

The problem(s):
    The machine doesn't always print things accurately relative to the print dialog options I choose. Examples...

1. Sometimes, a perfectly normal looking PDF document will be duplexed top-to-bottom instead of at left. My BW Duplex preset is left binding and it works 95% of the time, but oddly it doesn't work correctly all the time.

2. In my prior experience with office printers (last was a RICOH), I would always leave the "Choose paper source by page size" button selected. The copier was smart enough to print documents that contained a mix of 8.5x11 and 11x17 correctly. If I check that box (regardless of whether my file contains pages that are all one size or not), I get the first page correctly and all subsequent pages are these tiny, stamp-sized thumbnails in the upper left corner of each piece of paper. Therefore, I can only use this box when I'm quickly trying to print a one-page 11x17.

3. As a result of #2, I have to print my documents in pieces. I flip through and print all the chunks of 8.5x11 pages, then go back and print the 11x17s with the properties specially selected and the document size set to 11x17. Obviously, this is not efficient given I mostly print medium to large technical reports with 11x17 pages.

4. Today I tried to do #3 above. The first 17 pages were 8.5x11 and not a problem to print B&W duplex. Then I set it up with an 11x17 document size (leaving the left binding duplex option on) and color to print the last two (11x17) sheets. The first try came out top-bottom duplexed. The second try (where I changed the orientation setting to landscape since these are landscape 11x17 pages) somehow rotated the first page so that it is full size, but runs perpendicular to the 11x17 sheet (therefore half of it is cut off on either end of the landscape piece of paper) and the second page appears accurate. I finally got it to print correctly, left duplexed by setting it to 11x17, portrait, top duplex.

Basically, I feel as though my print interface is talking a different language than my printer. There are definite bugs and it does not respond in a logical manner. Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions for these issues??
    Thanks!
    Last edited by alliemac9; 07-16-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added detail.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    bizhub C450 - strange printing issues

Lightbulb Re: bizhub C450 - strange printing issues

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub C450 - strange printing issues

Re: bizhub C450 - strange printing issues

I have only just recently been looking at what sounds to be very similar issues on another machine, but all the problems seem to rise from Adobe.

Funny duplexing, postage stamp sized print and other funny things.

It has been a long time since I worked on a Fiery connected to a C450, but here are the things that I would be looking at.

1. Try "Print as Image" from the Advanced Options in the print dialog box.
    2. Disable Postscript Passthrough in the driver which stops the computer from messing with the spool.
    3. Try different settings from the print dialog box
    4. Try a different PDF Reader.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.