Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    baibest

Konica Minolta Bizhub C450 - Admin password locked

I just got locked out of my administrator function and am not able to adjust my settings. How can I release the lock on the admin function and revert to default?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baibest View Post
    I just got locked out of my administrator function and am not able to adjust my settings. How can I release the lock on the admin function and revert to default?
    Go to the service screen and see what the current password is or reset it! I take it your not a technician and I would hate to give the info to someone to use in a negative fashion.

baibest
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchl View Post
    Go to the service screen and see what the current password is or reset it! I take it your not a technician and I would hate to give the info to someone to use in a negative fashion.
    Hi, Mitchl.

I understand completely. However there are no copier technicians for Konica Minolta machines in Liberia where we are.

We have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C450 whose administrator authentication was locked before we knew it. It was set on the default password (12345678) but it fails each time. Apparently, according to some certification report I found on the web, that it locks after three failed attempts. That's why we need to reset it. How do I even get to the service screen?

Technician
    "details"
    then
    "stop,0,0,stop,0,1"
    you'll get it

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alfpanasonic's Avatar

Complete

To reset the admin password:
    1. Enter Service mode by pressing the Utility key then the Details button followed by pressing stop 0, 0, stop 0, 1.
    2. Press stop, 0 then Clear to access the admin security mode. This will allow changing the admin password back to the default setting of
    12345678 or it can be changed to a unique password.

ninjaskija

is not working

when i am trying the steps above after the 1st all i am getting is a screen where i need to enter password and nothing else.. step 2 i does nothing for me.. is maybe another softwere version ? please help..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It sounds like the advanced security might be turned on try using 92729272 which is the default CE password.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    chang stop 00 stop 0 C > and disable CE pass you can go in service mode don't need password