Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C35 skewing

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C35 skewing

Re: C35 skewing

Thanks for the input, the machine got thrown back to sales, but may just be the tip of the iceberg. We have skews popping up almost weekly, and that's only the customers that notice or care. I have no silver bullet yet, I will check what others mentioned. My big problem is that the paper itself seems to feed squarely past the transfer belt, so that leaves me in the Twilight Zone since there is no one laser. Bizhub C35 skewing

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Thanks for the input, the machine got thrown back to sales, but may just be the tip of the iceberg. We have skews popping up almost weekly, and that's only the customers that notice or care. I have no silver bullet yet, I will check what others mentioned. My big problem is that the paper itself seems to feed squarely past the transfer belt, so that leaves me in the Twilight Zone since there is no one laser. Bizhub C35 skewing
    We just started picking these up off-lease. Two with 40~60 k totals. One skews on prints but not obvious enough for cust to know or care. There is a KMBS bulletin about the conveying sheet deformed by lifting from rt. side. The manual says a loop is produced at regist roller to fix skew but I've found no loop adjustment in service mode.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ive got nearly 300 of these on my area so take the following as hard won experience!!
    The rubber feet fall off from the right hand side of the machine.
    The felt pads come off the side guides.
    The locating pins snap off from tray 2 (the main tray, not the accessory tray). The plastic guides that lead up to the synch roller get burrs and nicks in them.
    The feed roller bushes and the springs on the lift up tray go weak or wear.
    The bushes on the synch rollers go tight.
    Amongst other things any or all of these things will cause a skew or jam issue.
    There is a modified tray 2 available which is an improvement and I would change it if any parts are broken on the tray.
    Having said all of that please remember it is a printer and a small amount of skew is inevitable.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C35 skewing

Having said all of that please remember it is a printer and a small amount of skew is inevitable.
    Sounds apologetic as if coming from Chaching-Factory errr... KonicaMinolta. However, since decades printers are being build without the "inevitable" skewing.........

Hans

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Sounds apologetic as if coming from Chaching-Factory errr... KonicaMinolta. However, since decades printers are being build without the "inevitable" skewing.........

Hans
    Well Hans what I really meant was that any copier or printer will skew a little. It's a fact of life from the C35 to the C8000, it's just a matter of what's expected by the customer and how we as engineers manage those expectations. I personally am not going to spend hours attempting to fix what cannot be fixed. If its within specification then it's OK. And that applies to any make or model of copier/printer you care to mention!