Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C500 drum protential sensor/voltage

This thing started out with a sc29-15. Replace the yellow sensor board and did a recall and setup. Next day the thing comes up with a sc29-13. checked sensoeand board (replaced) and got it to work. Get it all set and get a sc29-11. Swapped out all drums and problem went away. Run for a while and sc29-12.
    My main question is when i run drum surface check i see like -034V on magenta and cyan and sometime the voltage goes real high in the hundreds on all colors. Do i have a noise or power supply problem. I cheked and cleaned the carriage connector and cleaned the back wall block. Thanks for any help. Also does anyone have the delta V calc figured out.If you do let me know

Thanks Pudgi300
    Last edited by pudgi300; 08-01-2012 at 01:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C500 drum protential sensor/voltage

Replaced some boards and protential sensors and seemed to be fine. Come in the next day and same thing. I am using Katum drums socan anyone comment on that. Tried to get on a few but was getting redirects like everyone else. Started with 29-15 on one machine and then went to 29-11. Thanks for any help.

Later Warren

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: C500 drum protential sensor/voltage

Now that i can get on website without problems i can explain what is happening better. It started with sc29-15 on turnon and replaced the yellow sensor board and it cleared the problem. Next day a sc29-11 pops up and had to screw around with boards and sensors for magent and cyan. Got it working fine and next day got sc29-15 again. Clean yellow sensor and it has been fine since. Also during that couple of days i swapped out a set of durms with another machine but that did not help the problem . When i put the drums back in the other machine it got a sc29-11. Did a recall and setup and that machine is fine now. I did find that after running a drum protential program and then checking the surface i would see the high surface voltage on the drum but after a copy run the surface voltage would only be a few volts. When i had sensor and board problems the surfae voltage was around 043v on the problem color.

Later Pudgi300