Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    deere

#10 window envelopes

We have a Minolta 452 and 552. Looking to print #10 window envelopes. I bought heat resistant window envelopes. Put them thru the machine and it sort of seals the envelopes, have to unseal everyone by hand. Any suggestions how to do these envelopes? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts
    #10 window envelopes

Re: #10 window envelopes

Check what Konica Minolta recommends and is your humidity high causing the seal to seal? I have a problem with the envelopes sealing and wrinkling on a Konica Minolta Bizhub20. Never a problem with Canon Image Runner equipment.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    #10 window envelopes

Lightbulb Re: #10 window envelopes

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Check what Konica Minolta recommends and is your humidity high causing the seal to seal? I have a problem with the envelopes sealing and wrinkling on a Konica Minolta Bizhub20. Never a problem with Canon Image Runner equipment.
    It is recommended that you tuck the flap inside the envelope to reduce the wrinkle.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    #10 window envelopes

Thier envelops!!!!!!! Definition : a folded up glued together piece of paper that is multiple layers thick... and you added a window to it...evil ....
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Thier envelops!!!!!!! Definition : a folded up glued together piece of paper that is multiple layers thick... and you added a window to it...evil ....
    I agree; MFPs and envelopes are natural enemies to begin with, let alone the windowed species.

If you are using windowed envelopes, what are you printing on them? If it's static information. such as your return address, you would be miles ahead to order them pre-printed, and forget about the massive headache of printing on the little troublemakers.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

Make sure you are setting the tray paper type to envelope on the copier so that the fuser rollers can open up more to avoid sealing and wrinkling of envelopes.