Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: I just inherited a Bizhub 751

Its rather ironic that school teachers always seem to do the dumbest things to photocopiers.

But then again, they cant leave the room for more than 10 seconds before the kids are hanging upside down off the roof or burning the place down.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I just inherited a Bizhub 751

Drums and PMs can go over, but dont let the DV go to far over the 500K, it will start to drop DV, just like the older versions.

If you know the older siblings like the 7272 and the 7165, they all have the same basics issues. They run to fast for their own good...

I find that the 600/601 work better becuase they run slower then the 750/751.

you can always show them dont tell them...

as far as paper goes, on the office supply level...

office depot RED is the worst
    office depot blue isnt much better

staples red is good
    staples blue is better

of course you have a slew in between. I would drop off a FREE case of 20# staples red, and say this is the paper you want to use.

good luck

Domtar...an interesting company. We sell paper so we checked into them. We were surprised that they have a 40 truckload per month minimum order requirement when everybody else pretty much lets you buy a tractor trailer load whenever you want...except boise cascade...they do some weird crap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    We have two paper mills both about 20 minutes outside of town....which is more a curse than a blessing as Domtar likes to donate paper to schools here...donated paper on top of lots of teachers abusing a machine makes me a sad panda

I don't care much for those either...you never know what you're getting when they go to rebid that stuff out.

I've actually been pleased with the Hammermill line. Surprisingly the cheaper versions and the super high end stuff works better than their mid grade lines.

I also have had good luck and margins with some foreign imports on eucalyptus papers and paper made from sugar cane pulp.

Quote Originally Posted by methogod View Post
    as far as paper goes, on the office supply level...

office depot RED is the worst
    office depot blue isnt much better

staples red is good
    staples blue is better

of course you have a slew in between. I would drop off a FREE case of 20# staples red, and say this is the paper you want to use.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    watch out for the main charge units making a lot of noise when the cleaner runs across, you can turn them off.
    It's actually the white drive gears on the discharge cleaner. Pull em off a smear of grease & you will never hear them again.
    Good, solid machines. But don't ever scrimp on the maintenance. If properly maintained they will give great service. If you try & cheat on the service they will bite back in a hundred different ways. (All of them ending with you covered in toner.)