Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Mita-Konica-Tech's Avatar

KM C-5501 background noise

I went out on a tech assist call yesterday on 5501 with intermittent black marks on copies (see attached pdf) pretty much in the same place. I originally thought this was a K transfer roller issue so I proceeded with installation of 200K pm kit...(only had 55 percent usage on belt) I seen this problem in the past, but all my tricks did not seem to resolve the issue... 63 percent on the black developer unit, all new transfer rollers, belt and clean blade, replaced K drum...check all bushings and bearings on the tension plate bracket... verified there tensions springs that hold the dv units in place were installed correctly, ran all color reg adjustments.... reviewed the knowledge base... checked bias voltages ete... The problem doesn't happen on every copy but does show up when duplexing... also replaced the K transfer power bushings and springs...

I've seen this before, but either I'm getting to old and loosing it, or breathing in all that fedron many years ago has caused pre-mature brain cell loss....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: KM C-5501 background noise

really looks like a developer issue to me.

I have ordered a K dv unit after I left the call....after reviewing the list print this morning I noted that the current K unit only has 120K on it... Heading back out tomorrow morning with a better attitude...

ESA

I would go with developer as well. Looks like it maybe defective. I did run into a strange situation a few months back. I bought genuine developer mix from a supplier. Turned out to be counterfeit. Batch number on the box didn't match the package. Didn't know these were counterfeit till a was getting developer issues in several locations. May not be your case but I was blown away. Box and pakaging were exact matches for real stuff.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

check the memory, I doubt it is the problem, but I have seen bad memory cause issues like this. I am leaning toward the dev/dev unit like the others but I would still try memory if you have it.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Sorry for the Late Follow Up:

Replaced K DV unit and all is well....sent it back to Konica for warranty... I think what caught me off guard was the low count on the original developer unit...or I was just too tired that day....

Thanks to all who responded....Have a Nice Day

Re: KM C-5501 background noise - RECAll

RECALL....

Customer called today and has exact same problem but now with Cyan streaks similar to my original post (attachment)...

I stopped by the customer on my way home and ran multiple test patterns and the machine worked great for me... So I opened up the Fiery and reprinted several jobs...1000 Dlb sided ... and the problem reappeared... Went back in to sim and ran my test patterns everything fine...

Calibrated the Fiery and still have same background on output.... Again printed engine test pattern and all output perfect.... Had customer create another file and print document and cyan background...similar to original black background issue when i started this post Going back out in morning and reload Fiery software...but I really don't think the problem is with the controller... I missing something...??? Thinking this may be a hard drive (color processing) or image processing board....since I rebuilt the entire transfer section....Any thoughts...? I will update post in afternoon....

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Try to re-seat the cable between the machine and the fiery.
    Or even better swap both ends of the cable, insert the end that was connected to the fiery to the machine and vice versa.
    I had pretty much the same problem and by doing that it was resolved.
    Good luck.

First thank you for all the responses...

Ended up reloading the Fiery software to resolve the background noise on copies and a complete and total PM along with another DV Unit.... also discovered the tech who was maintaining machine was just reseting pm counters without actually installing maintenance items...such as DV units.....all is good with machine...but not with the tech I assisted....

Could also be your image control board failing.