Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DI5510 14" paper

Hi guys,
    I've got a machine that wrinkles 14" paper on the lead edge for about 3". The paper is being wrinkled when it is between the fuser and pressure rolls and still being driven by the registration area. The wrinkling stops when the sheet passes the reg. roller. 11" paper runs fine. New rollers. Bearings haven't been replaced (on order), but spun freely. Bushings look just fine. Has anyone seen this?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    DI5510 14" paper

Re: DI5510 14" paper

Quote Originally Posted by exCSER View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've got a machine that wrinkles 14" paper on the lead edge for about 3". The paper is being wrinkled when it is between the fuser and pressure rolls and still being driven by the registration area. The wrinkling stops when the sheet passes the reg. roller. 11" paper runs fine. New rollers. Bearings haven't been replaced (on order), but spun freely. Bushings look just fine. Has anyone seen this?
    Replace the anti curl roller just after the fuser , it will be the cause of that problem!

I priced the roller....over $100......are you confident that will fix it??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    DI5510 14" paper

from your description it is hard to give the fix without more details but from my understanding I still think it sounds like the anti curl. You state the problem is when the paper is between the fuser and the pressure rollers. Do you mean the wrinkles are seen only before the fuser or are they visible when the paper has exited the copier? Is the paper damp? I would kook very carefully at the anti curl roller as it becomes very spongey and deformed with age and has to be changed at regular intervals to avoid a fault such as you report. But we can only give advice without seeing the machine in operation.

copiertech 500+ Posts

I would also suspect the registration clutch. It is easy to troubleshoot as it is the same as the feed clutches in the paper trays.
    Darren

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

to make sure its the anti curl roller run face up copies on 14" paper if there is no crease on face up copies and there is on face down then its the anti curl roller, it only uses the anti curl roller on face own copies and duplex copies, very common problem

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DI5510 14" paper

it might be overkill. b ut... everytime I rebuild one of these fuser units. i replace the fuser roller bearings pic fingers.. and both anti curl roller and the sponge type roller with new one ways (gears with internal bearing) I have had this before. and by doing these all every rebuild it cuts the calls way down. I would do those rollers. but do what luther said first. very good advice

brent

Thanks everybody....I've got the roller on order.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Mita-Konica-Tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    it might be overkill. b ut... everytime I rebuild one of these fuser units. i replace the fuser roller bearings pic fingers.. and both anti curl roller and the sponge type roller with new one ways (gears with internal bearing) I have had this before. and by doing these all every rebuild it cuts the calls way down. I would do those rollers. but do what luther said first. very good advice

brent
    I don't think it's overkill completely rebuilding the fuser unit... In fact I would trade 4 of my technicians for just one tech who thinks on his feet like you do... Short term expense vs multiple recalls to complete a Total Call...in the first place...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DI5510 14" paper

well thanks! I virtually get no call backs on jamming in that section.