Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: KM 1050e - How much longer can I keep it together

I should have kept my mouth shut about working on these machines....got a text earlier today after I left work a lil early...seems my first priority in the morning is to go figure out why Tray 5 isn't lifting on our C7000p.....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 1050e - How much longer can I keep it together

LU-202? PF-602? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Mita-Konica-Tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    I should have kept my mouth shut about working on these machines....got a text earlier today after I left work a lil early...seems my first priority in the morning is to go figure out why Tray 5 isn't lifting on our C7000p.....
    LOL.....your fun is just beginning... My schedule for tomorrow: 1050e needs a fuser rebuild, 6501 down with HD error code and 7000 stopping during print jobs and just idles until they hit the print button again.... and a tech assist call on an old C6500....been down two days now, and all these customers want a 4 hour response time....

I am surprised in your previous post you only been working on copiers since Feb of last year...and they already having you working on Production machines...I have been working on copiers since 79 ... normally techs learn segment 1-3 b/w before they start on color... and spend several years on these level machines before working on larger systems.... color can get very complicated when you start adding Creo and Fiery controllers and customers who demand high quality output consistently...color matching....multiple color profiles..... there is so much more to color than what you been told... but I wish you the best of luck...in your new career.......

But I do enjoy working on these monster machines... something new and challenging comes up all the time... who is your region tech from KM...is it "Rick"....

it's a PF 602....and I worked on laser printers for years back in the 90's...did some time working on industrial line printers and thermal printers for a while...macs and pc's.....went to school thru the military for medical equipment....I just have a good sense of troubleshooting and understanding how things work electrically and mechanically....I enjoy a challenge...nah our region KM tech is Bill Jennings...he was just in the office the other day...good guy....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Follow up on the PF-602 not lifting. The paper feed assy was not dropping down all the way to turn PS9 off. I assume they are slamming the tray 5 shut but they'll never admit to it but I mentioned it anyways. Just had to realign the gear teeth so it dropped down correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Follow up on the PF-602 not lifting. The paper feed assy was not dropping down all the way to turn PS9 off. I assume they are slamming the tray 5 shut but they'll never admit to it but I mentioned it anyways. Just had to realign the gear teeth so it dropped down correctly.
    You think for all the money they spent on these machines, they take a little better care...they probably used their foot to shut the drawer...typical customer....KICK IT.....

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Hey, I ordered two "Cut Kits" today for the PRO950's. It should be interesting to install. =^..^=
    Did you get your kits installed yet....???

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 1050e - How much longer can I keep it together

The mounting kits arrived. The recycle units are backordered. I really wanted to do it with the developer change, but may have to do it later since this one machine is dumping toner on the bed like crazy. If they're not here by Monday, I'm changing the developer regardless. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=