Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C203 - No jobs in queue - Blue data flashing as if receiving job.

Thumbs up Re: C203 - No jobs in queue - Blue data flashing as if receiving job.

Quote Originally Posted by AyJayAreDii View Post
    have you updated the firmware and set the software switches to disable the end of life messages. If you have and not changed "iu life stop" to "non-stop" then you will get this bug! I have had this twice on the konicas where the firmware upgraded and life stop was not set when the software switches was changed. however, this was a constant fault, not a "not does it all the time"

HMMmmmmm

Now that might actually be quite possible. I did not check that out. OK
    Many Thanks!! Appreciate it!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: C203 - No jobs in queue - Blue data flashing as if receiving job.

I have had a similar problem. In my case there was no job showing on the server queue but the data light on the mfd was flashing constantly whenever the netwotk cable was plugged in. In the end I got their IT dept to stop and re-start the print spooler service and the fault magically went away. I can only think it was a corrupt print job that started it but it has never come back since.
    Just another thought, make sure the ip address for the mfd isnt duplicated anywhere else on their system. That can cause similar issues...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: C203 - No jobs in queue - Blue data flashing as if receiving job.

I had a C652 that had the flashing the blue light all the time. About a week later it started dropping off the network. I attempted a HDD re-format and it failed. HDD fixed it, after re-entering many SMB addressbook entries, network data, movie data, encryption key, etc. What a headache! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: C203 - No jobs in queue - Blue data flashing as if receiving job.

I think I figured it out. It is going towards a memory failure. I had one C203 in office and I was sure that one memory module failed. I took another one from c253 and it worked straight away. Then I found in old parts a little box with 1x 512 MB memory module with sign saying memory module going bad. I slapped it in the m/c and it worked right away..yay problem solved....Yes for short term only. It booted nicely, it copied simplex OK ..GREAT machine is back on track.. tried 2-sided staple A4 to A4R x 20 and it came with c-cf2b ..hmmm what the heck, then I rebooted the m/c. Started the same session again and it went bad again. OK .. Tried Data Clear, tried hdd format, reflashed FW, ...all went the same way. Then I tried just printing Windows test page and Blue Light started flashing...no Queue, no job assignment.. nothing, It sit there with blue lights, just hanging like drunk copper on empty car park.

Memory modules coming today. Swapping them as pair. Used Crucial.com and they did not work, so waiting for the ones from Memoryexperts.. which always worked even a bit dearer.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE